Lattice Wall for Backyard Privacy

$100

Add a little bit of privacy to your backyard patio with simple lattice panels and small, potted plants.
Materials used for this project can all be found at your local home center. For a list of materials and full how-to video on this project, visit my blog here.
The first step is to use lattice cap molding to create a frame for your lattice pieces. Measure and mark how high and wide your panels will be and miter the ends of the cap molding.
Once the cap molding is cut, attach it to 4x4s before sliding in the lattice panels. Then add the bottom piece of cap molding that holds the lattice panel in place.
2 vertical cap molding pieces go on the 4x4 in the middle with the openings of the cap facing away from each other.
Dig holes the same width apart as your 4x4 posts. You'll want at least a foot of the 4x4 to be in the ground.
Grab a friend to help you lift your privacy lattice wall into your holes.
Add quick-setting concrete and water into each hole and check that your wall is level and plumb as it dries.
Attach small, plastic planters to the lattice before planting your favorite, colorful flowers. This adds even more privacy and beauty to your lattice wall!
Now sit back, relax and enjoy your fresh patio space!

• Anne-Marie

I need a removable lattice privacy gate for want of a better word

any ideas? Wondered about a room divider if I bring it in when weather is nasty any advice greatly appreciated

marie

• Savannah Nicol

What about getting old doors and hinge together to make like a trifold for easy storing away. Use cinderblocks on both sides as planters to hold the doors in place

• Carol Cole

I just wondered why you didn't paint it, Wouldn't it of lasted longer?

• Kitty

Pressure treated wood has to age for 6 mo before staining or painting

• Lisa

Can you use the plastic lattice?

• Debra

I’m doing a entire surround fence like this to enclose my patio and keep my dog inside of it , I love the idea thank you very much !!

• Sunny

Would love to see some thing for a wall cinder block wall