No Room for Shoes

$8

I inherited my husband's walk-in closet when we married. I just have way more things - clothes, shoes, belts, bags, etc! I got tired of tripping over my shoes and finally did something about it! I wanted them off the floor, but I still wanted to see all my shoes instead of putting them in shoe boxes.
no room for shoes
We are also redoing our kitchen. I had this long piece of wood that we never used, so this is how my project got started! (The skinny piece)
no room for shoes
I cut them about 33" long after measuring rhe space from where my clothes ended to the door.
no room for shoes
I sanded them to make them smooth - especially the edges. This helps avoid splinters.
no room for shoes
I spray painted them with Rustoleum black spray paint. Two coats worked.

It dries in 10 minutes. I applied coat number 2 after 10 minutes, then waited a little longer before hanging them on the wall just to be sure.
no room for shoes
I found the studs, nailed them into the studs, then nailed in nails spaced far enough so my shoes didn't hit each other. I will replace them with knobs or hooks so that none of my shoes get damaged, but I did this project the day before I left to go half way around the world. So, I'll buy the knobs or hooks when I get back.