Our goats roam three times a day. What flowers won't they eat?

+12
q our goats roam three times a day what flowers won t they eat
Goats headed back to their fence after their noon roaming of the mountain top.
The goat house also has a back door for the goats! Love the goats, but love fruit trees and flowers too. Fencing is so expensive and we need acres of it.
  • I have not seen anything that a goat won't eat! Sorry to say. My friends have 2 goats and everything is fair game for them.

• My neighbors up the road have goats - darling creatures, I love them, but they eat everything in sight. How about fencing off your fruit trees and garden instead? Certainly a lot less expensive.

• Bridget Brooks Bridget Brooks on Aug 07, 2017
    make that fence high too! they love a challenge!

• B. Enne B. Enne on Aug 07, 2017
    I hate to tell you this, but I have had a goat eat the plastic flowers off my flip-flops.
    They eat everything!

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Aug 08, 2017
    I heard that they stay away from dog dung, you can put that around the plants that you want them to stay away from, good luck :)

• Nancy Ingle Kiffer Nancy Ingle Kiffer on Aug 08, 2017
    Thanks Hillela! Now to get a dog and it's dung. There has to be another way. But I appreciate the idea!

They eat plastic flowers around their house and artificial plants on the porch. I agree - everything!

You are right. It seems the only option!

• Jim In Jacksonville Jim In Jacksonville on Aug 08, 2017
    Hi, Nancy,
    I know a quick easy and cheap way to stop the goats! It's non toxic and costs One Dollar! I used it to send squirrels in the bird feeder and a pesky armadillo packing. I do not want to post it on Hometalk. I object to their abusive and unprofessionalism with obscuring their info Links with long ads.
    Call me and we will discuss it. 904 268-9118
    Jax Fla

• 2dogal 2dogal on Aug 09, 2017
    I'd use portable electric fencing rather than worry about what plants they wont eat. Goaties are goaties - you say they won't eat this then they do....

• 2dogal 2dogal on Aug 09, 2017
    Jharden830 - if you are concerned about ads - use an ad blocker. I use Ad Blocker Pro. There are also others you can download. It's free and has freed me up from most ads on most sites.

• Kat29118440 Kat29118440 on Aug 22, 2017
    Goats will wander. They can escape from anything. They can climb everything. They will eat almost all flowers and greenery. They are wonderful creatures and are very enjoyable but you must resign yourself to all their quirkiness. I am no longer privileged to have a farm and I certainly miss my goats 🐐 terribly. They are so enter. Good luck.

• Nancy Ingle Kiffer Nancy Ingle Kiffer on Aug 22, 2017
    Thank you Kathleen. I would miss them too!

• Nova Imp Nova Imp on Oct 20, 2017
    Hi friends,

I grew with goats in the Virgin Islands. There are a number of plants goats won't eat. They won't eat elephant ears, oleander, alliums and any plants or herbs with a strong smell.