Foot Washing Station

63K Views
This great little "rug" is perfect for cleaning off dirty feet before coming inside. It's even easy and inexpensive to make!
Time: 1 HoursCost: $15Difficulty: Easy
  • foot washing station
Today I'm going to share with you how to make a great "rug" to wash off dirty feet. Once you are done using the rug you may also want to pamper your feet with my Peppermint Foot Cream! Start by cutting 12 of the boards into a 16 inch length.
  • foot washing station
To measure for the hole placements. Line all the boards up on their sides and make marks at the 3 inch, the 8 inch, and the 13th inch marks.
  • foot washing station
Drill 3 holes in each board where you placed the marks. Be sure that you are using a drill bit that will create holes large enough to put your rope through.
  • foot washing station
Use exterior paints to paint each board. Be sure that the paints are water based instead of oil based or they will take a long time to dry. This is a great way to use up small amounts of old house paint that you might already have on hand.
  • foot washing station
Let all of the boards dry completely before you begin stringing them together. Take a long piece of rope and tie a knot in one end. Then place masking tape tightly around the other end so you have a hard end to push through the boards. Pull the rope through each board and tie a knot after the board. Do this with all 3 pieces of rope.
  • foot washing station
Now your mat is ready to use! Wash off your dirty feet from gardening :)
If you love this project you will also love my Mason Jar Birdfeeders!

Suggested materials for this project:

• Exterior Paint  (Home Improvement Store)
  • Paintbrush  (Home Improvement Store)
  • Heavy Duty Thin Rope  (Home Improvement Store)
Little House Living