DIY Renter-Friendly, Removeable 3D Paper Wall Art

$15

Megan Duesterhaus from Homes I Have Made shares this project. With just a simple stack of colored paper and some tape, you can easily create a major wow moment in any space in your home that can come down when you move out!
This project is very inexpensive and can be completed in just an hour or so (depending on how large and complex you make your design). Here’s what you need:
Square sheets of sturdy cardstock in any size and color you wish, Scoring tool, Ruler, Masking tape, Level (as necessary)
If you’re trying to achieve an ombré effect, select shades of paper along a color gradient. I used a set of ombré blues found in a single pad of 12x12 cardstock.
Using a straight edge and a scoring tool, score a diagonal line so that when folded, the corner reaches the center of the square. You may have to measure and play a bit before determining the exact measurements.
Repeat scoring on all four sides to create a square.
Once scored, fold each corner toward the center of the square on the fold line. Crease the folds well so they hold their shape once on the wall. If your design hugs a corner, ceiling, floor or edge, trim the squares down to triangles with a paper cutter to fill in the gaps.
The last step is to simply secure each square to the wall with a few pieces of masking tape in whatever design you wish. Use a level to place your first square, and then build off it for the remaining squares by lining up the edges.

This project really is a fun, simple and effective way to add a major punch of color or interest to an otherwise boring space. Paper is an inexpensive medium that can be found in an array of textures, colors and patterns, and masking tape works perfectly to hold everything in place, yet comes clean off the walls without pulling paint or leaving residue behind!

To see more: https://www.forrent.com/blog/decor-for-the-home/renter-friendly-3d-paper-wall-art/

• Mary

How pretty! Will it fade much?
  • Patti

Will the tape hold for a long time. Or do you have to re tape after awhile?
  • Eroque022810

I never thought it could be that simple. I really thought that it was more in depth. I have the perfect spot for this especially since I like to change things up and I have nothing on the wall and I think that this well make the perfect focal poing. Is dusting an issue? I love this thanks for sharing!

• Julie Banks

Wow love love love this idea, it's definitely on my to do list when we move in January.
  • ForRent.com

What a great time to move! A new place with new beginnings at the start of the new year! Thank you for being apart of our DIY community.