Lori Cohen
Lori Cohen
  • Tutorial Team
  • Phoenix, AZ

GLAM ACCENT WALL

$50

Sometimes you think a room looks good until you realize just how plain it really is. That was the case with my dining room. I love the Glam look. I love the Sparkles and the elegant look. So I decided to transform my dining room into a glam masterpiece. In one day I transformed my dining room from a plain Jane room to something that I absolutely love! And I get non-stop compliments. It's easy but a little
glam accent wall
Paint your accent wall a deep rich Jewel tone color. Don't be shy. I chose a smokey Navy listed here.
glam accent wall
This is the sterling silver craft paint I used.
glam accent wall
This is the silver Sparkle I added to the silver paint for added light reflection.
glam accent wall
This is the firm brush I used to stipple the silver paint over the stencil with
glam accent wall
this is the stencil I used
glam accent wall
Paint your wall with a deep base coat.
glam accent wall
Starting in the exact middle of your wall at the top tape the stencil down.
glam accent wall
Keep moving the stencil next to a dried application.
glam accent wall
So this is the dining room before...
glam accent wall
This is the Glam wall finished !! It has changed the entire Dynamic and feell of the dining room

• Paint  (Target)
  • Silver craft paint  (Michaels)
  • Silver glitter paint additive  (Target)

• Rina Maria Mee

I have a paneling 1/2 way up the walls in my diingroom. Do you think using this technique on the entire upper half of my walls would be too much? I love really like it and vCard think it would work.

• Carol A. Kaine

Where can I purchase a stencil like this? I looked in a few craft type stores like Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann's, but there was nothing I wanted to use on a wall. Can you recommrnd a store that would have similar stencils? Thank you. Carol

• Jill Utech

My room has wood trim with a shelf edge all along the whole room the top and bottom is now 2 different colors also have brick fireplace I'm thinking white wash fireplace didn't know about about walls with the wood trim that has shelping edge could I do same color top and bottom or would it look better with 2 different colors ?

• Lori Cohen

Hi Jill! I think white washing your brick wall is a great start. Next I would definitely do the top and bottom trim white. That way when you paint the wall the dramatic look will look phenomenal and really stand out. Sounds like it's going to be an awesome project. Please post your finished result I would love to see it! If you have an any other questions please let me know! Good luck!