Sometimes you think a room looks good until you realize just how plain it really is. That was the case with my dining room. I love the Glam look. I love the Sparkles and the elegant look. So I decided to transform my dining room into a glam masterpiece. In one day I transformed my dining room from a plain Jane room to something that I absolutely love! And I get non-stop compliments. It's easy but a little time consuming and I know you can do it! Here are the steps to achieve this do-over:
- Tape off your corners, ceiling, and baseboard.
- Paint your accent wall a deep rich Jewel tone color. Don't be shy. I chose a smokey Navy listed here.
- Next I chose a sterling silver paint but to make it really Shimmer when the light hit it I added a glitter to the paint before stenciling.
- Starting in the exact middle of your wall at the top tape the stencil down.
- Take a small amount of silver paint that has been poured onto a paper plate and dip your stiff brush in. Lightly dab excess off on the paper plate.
- Now the fun begins. Firmly stipple over the stencil. I did a semi firm tapping motion to make the silver finish opaque.
- Remove the stencil and place below your first stencil application. From there I would go to opposite sides of a dried stencil. That way you avoid smudges.
- You might have some areas that the stencil will not fit. Leave those areas for last. They are usually the corners of the wall. Once you have completed the entire wall cut the stencil and continue stippiling.
- Voila! You are done and have an amazing Glam wall to show off to everyone!
Time: 1 Days Cost: $50 Difficulty: Easy
Paint your accent wall a deep rich Jewel tone color. Don't be shy. I chose a smokey Navy listed here.
This is the sterling silver craft paint I used.
This is the silver Sparkle I added to the silver paint for added light reflection.
This is the firm brush I used to stipple the silver paint over the stencil with
this is the stencil I used
Paint your wall with a deep base coat.
Starting in the exact middle of your wall at the top tape the stencil down.
Keep moving the stencil next to a dried application.
So this is the dining room before...
This is the Glam wall finished !! It has changed the entire Dynamic and feell of the dining room
Materials used for this project:
- Paint (Target)
- Silver craft paint (Michaels)
- Silver glitter paint additive (Target)