Sometimes you think a room looks good until you realize just how plain it really is. That was the case with my dining room. I love the Glam look. I love the Sparkles and the elegant look. So I decided to transform my dining room into a glam masterpiece. In one day I transformed my dining room from a plain Jane room to something that I absolutely love! And I get non-stop compliments. It's easy but a little time consuming and I know you can do it! Here are the steps to achieve this do-over:
- Tape off your corners, ceiling, and baseboard.
- Paint your accent wall a deep rich Jewel tone color. Don't be shy. I chose a smokey Navy listed here.
- Next I chose a sterling silver paint but to make it really Shimmer when the light hit it I added a glitter to the paint before stenciling.
- Starting in the exact middle of your wall at the top tape the stencil down.
- Take a small amount of silver paint that has been poured onto a paper plate and dip your stiff brush in. Lightly dab excess off on the paper plate.
- Now the fun begins. Firmly stipple over the stencil. I did a semi firm tapping motion to make the silver finish opaque.
- Remove the stencil and place below your first stencil application. From there I would go to opposite sides of a dried stencil. That way you avoid smudges.
- You might have some areas that the stencil will not fit. Leave those areas for last. They are usually the corners of the wall. Once you have completed the entire wall cut the stencil and continue stippiling.
- Voila! You are done and have an amazing Glam wall to show off to everyone!
Time: 1 DaysCost: $50Difficulty: Easy
Paint your accent wall a deep rich Jewel tone color. Don't be shy. I chose a smokey Navy listed here.
Suggested materials for this project:
- Paint (Target)
- Silver craft paint (Michaels)
- Silver glitter paint additive (Target)
Have a question about this project?Ask a Question
5 Questions on This ProjectSee All
AnswersI have a paneling 1/2 way up the walls in my diingroom. Do you think using this technique on the entire upper half of my walls would be too much?...
AnswersWhere can I purchase a stencil like this? I looked in a few craft type stores like Hobby Lobby, Jo Ann's, but there was nothing I wanted to us...
AnswerMy room has wood trim with a shelf edge all along the whole room the top and bottom is now 2 different colors also have brick fireplace I'm think...