Embossed Bird Pot AND Moss/Jute Orb

I love the large moss orbs you see in design stores. It's a moss-covered ball. How easy and inexpensive could it possibly be to make right? Have you priced a large styrofoam ball? Shut the front door! You will NOT believe what I used to make mine. Hint: your kids will want it so you better hide it. :) I share my easy how-to pics for creating a pretty paint-washed Embossed Bird Pot, also.
A combination of an embossed pot and moss orb makes me #thinkspring
Textured paint and a stencil is all that is needed to create this cute little pot and turn a plain clay pot into a designer pot.
Adding twisted lengths of jute completes the Moss Orb.
A cute paper tag is the final touch.
A cute paper tag is the final touch.
So what is the secret item I used to make the orb?  Can you guess?  :)
So what is the secret item I used to make the orb? Can you guess? :)
If you guessed a child's rubber ball from the Dollar Store - you would be right. Compare $1 for this ball toabout $10-12 for a styro ball...I think we have a clear winner!  :)
If you guessed a child's rubber ball from the Dollar Store - you would be right. Compare $1 for this ball toabout $10-12 for a styro ball...I think we have a clear winner! :)
The Everyday Home/Barb Garrett

• S

you can also make our own diy texture paint by adding baking soda and glue to the paint, just mix till you get it the way you want it.

• Sharon

To reduce the chance of a flat, I would make a ball over a ballon using paper mache, then pierce the ballon and you have a solid ball.