DIY Industrial Bookshelf

$60

My husband and I love to read and there’s never a shortage of books in our home. Books tend to pile up beside our sofas, on the end tables, and especially on the coffee table. A bookshelf that I created using pipes keeps books that we are reading close by yet somewhat organized
All supplies except the 1/2” Galvanized Iron Cross were purchased at Home Depot.  I ordered the two crosses from Amazon as Home Depot did not carry them.
A – 1/2” x 18” Galvanized Steel Cut Pipe (Two)
B 1/2” x 3 1/2” Galvanized Steel Pipe Nipple (Two)
C – 1/2” Galvanized 90 Degree Elbow (Four)
E – 1/2” x 1 1/2” Galvanized Steel Pipe Nipple (Two)
F – 1/2” x 2 1/2” Galvanized Steel Pipe Nipple (Four)
G – 1/2” Galvanized Cap (Four)
Screw the pipes together following the diagram.  I started with the cross (D)  and next screwed into place parts B, E, and F.  I then screwed on the end caps (G).  Next screw on the elbow joints (C).  After completing the two sides, join them with the 18” steel pipes (A).
Pipes aren’t cheap and the supplies to make this cost just under $60.  Expensive, but this baby is pretty much indestructible and I love how it looks on our coffee table.

If there is a student in your life, a bookshelf like this would be great on a desk to keep textbooks organized yet accessible.

We are loving having this on our coffee table to keep our books contained.
If you like projects like this, I'd like to invite you to join an open to all group that I'm a part of. We share upcycle, repurpose and DIY projects daily. You can join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MakeItNew/

SweetPea Paula

• Red

good idea

• Mumandp

I LOVE THIS!! Can I ask the finished dimensions so I can customize mine to fit the Island in My craft room................................
    My Dad was a Pipe Fitter Plumber and every time I mention wanting to make a shelf with pipe fixtures He just shakes His head and thinks I have lost My mind so at 50 I realize I will need to do it for Myself and YOU have inspired Me by providing all the necessary pieces needed to complete such an amazing project so I'll show Him.................
    Thanks so much Darling!! I can only imagine what the rest of Your just YOU home must be like!!
    Thanks for Your time, energy, and assistance in this matter. I cannot wait to get started, I will order the Cross pieces now.........
    Blessings now and always,
    xo Michelle

This is what I have been working on to hopefully sell for Christmas......
    , My first attempt 3 ft Sentiment Dwell in the possibilities, 2 ft, 2 5 ft for a large sentiment or more s can be added, 2 5 ft for large sentiment or more roman nan be added, 2 ft sentiment Lake time