Learning How to Make a Tufted Ottoman

Recently I attended a workshop to learn how to make this tufted ottoman. So much simpler than I thought it would be.
In less than an hour, you can make this easy ottoman.
We started with a plain wooden box and some legs made from discarded pickets
A layer of 2" foam and some protective batting cover the entire box. A nail gun fitted with small staples works well to secure the fabric.
Then we covered the box with our own fabric - I chose this black and cream "travel" theme.
To make the tufting, you simply threading wire through a looped button and passing it through the pre-drilled holes in the frame.
You can get a button making kit at any sewing supply store. Here I used black buttons to contrast with the fabric.
Heather (New House New Home)

• HoneyHomemaker

Heather, thank you for posting this. It is lovely.

• Candy Walsh

I love the fabric! I have a small stool, I wonder if I could do the same thing with that.