Rosanne
Rosanne
  • Atlanta, GA

How do I clean pillows that have yellowed?

Lori RainesCastrang17Cindy
+10

• What are the pillows made of? I wash all my pillows on a regular basis.
  • Liz Toone

i haven't tried this myself, but will in the future. Hope it works for you.
  • Sharon

I spray them with Spray and Wash, then wash in washer with 1/2c bleach and laundry soap.
  • Cindy

You could put them in the washing machine with your regular laundry soap and a splash of bleach. I put my pillows outside to dry. I put a sheet over my lawn furniture and put the pillows on top of the sheet. They take several hours to dry.
    • Rosanne

I wish I could put the pillows in the sun but it's still pretty humid here.
  • Castrang17

Use tennis balls in the dryer to fluff the pillows up. Some pillows fluff good, some not so good. You could also buy protective covers that cover your discolored pillows, keeps them fresher, plus the protective covers can be damp wiped clean.
  • Lori Raines

I put my pillows in a pillow case & secure them with large safety pins. 3 pins usually work. Then, I fill my washer (putting pillow infirst ) I add my colox 2 with Tide w/bleach. To really freshen &help clean, I put 10 to 15 drops of my Lemon dõTerra ESSENTIAL OIL in washer.
    Gently cycle ;-) Leaving it in pillow case, I put 5 drops of lavender dõTerra ESSENTIAL OIL right on pillow & put it in the drier ondelicate cycle for 15 min's at a time. (Checking on it (dampness each time)
    note, the dõTerra ESSENTIAL OIL'S are 100 % PURE ,it has NEVER left a stain &never will. (Cheaper oil's will leave stains though! ) Please feel free to IM me if you want to know more about these amazing oil's!
  • Lori Raines

Thankyou &good