How to Stencil Nativity Ornaments for Christmas

$10

What would you do with a stack of wood like this?

I bought all these back on my last trip to Antique Alley, in Texas, with no idea what to use them for. But our friendly neighbor was telling me that he went to Hobby Lobby with his wife and saw they were selling pieces of wood. So he came home and cut up all the scrap wood he had. Then they brought it to Antique Alley and sold them for 10c – 25c each!

I
how to stencil nativity ornaments for christmas
First, drill holes in the top.  Either one in the center or two, one on each top corner.

I usually use spray adhesive to temporarily hold my stencils on but this wood didn’t need it.  If you don’t spray it just be careful not to rub the paint so much that it goes under the edge.  Pounce carefully. 
Ta da!  This is a QUICK project!
FYI, I’ve had my stencil brush for years… and years… and years…  But it still works! Which shape do you like best?
I really like the free form shapes!

Ann @ Duct Tape and Denim