2 Tier Diaper Cake..Easy as Pie

$20

A baby boy Diaper Cake for someones special baby shower! ..
2 tier diaper cake
1...Miscellaneous baby items, I used Size 2 diapers 38 in a pack. Had a few left over. (Not many) Tissue paper, 3 sizes of cardboard pizza rings from my favorite pizza place..Sm. Med. Lg. Ribbon, Scissors, Glue gun, 2 sided sticky tape. 2 BIG rubber bands.1 paper towel roll. This pic shows some items I DIDN'T use but I just wanted to make sure I had everything I needed. (I make diaper cakes so I will use these items in other projects)
2 tier diaper cake
2. Wrapped the cardboard in tissue paper.
2 tier diaper cake
3. Found the center of the Med. pizza ring, sat the paper towel roll on top, drew my circle, & cut it out. You could do this BEFORE you wrapped it if you choose.
2 tier diaper cake
4. Again, finding the center, hot glued the paper towel roll to the very bottom, the largest, Pizza ring.
2 tier diaper cake
5. ROLL! Rolling your diapers, LONG wise, & securing them with a small piece of 2 sided sticky tape. Then placing them, standing up, going around the cardboard roll. The large rubber band helps hold them in place while you're adding...
2 tier diaper cake
6. Here I have the bottom layer done. I left a small margin of the plate showing, to look like a cake plate. Note... this is not the ribbon I decided to use when I was done..
2 tier diaper cake
7. Slide the roll thru your hole for the middle layer to sit on top of the base layer. Continued with the rolled diapers sitting on the middle plate.
2 tier diaper cake
8. The last pizza slice sits on top of the middle layer. Glued in place.. You COULD add another, smaller layer, if you like, it would be a 3 tier cake, I chose the smaller version & I was running out of diapers.
2 tier diaper cake
9. On the top, I placed a rattle, teething ring, Teddy Bear wash cloth, & small items amongst my pretty ribbons. And a babies first Birthday candle.
2 tier diaper cake
You can decorate it anyway you wish at this point. The ribbon just helps secure the diapers inside & conceals the rubber band. The solid blue ribbon looked prettier to me with the plastic novelty pacifiers & rattles dangling from them. Thank you for viewing.

• Mickey Baron

Oh so cute! I've seen them many different ways on Pinterest & here. This ws my first cake. You're right, very time consuming & a lot of rolling. I'll try it next time. Thanks!

• Connie ream

This is so cute and my timing for seeing this is awesome. My Greatgrand baby shower is next week. I will absolutely be making this for out new Baby Girl. Thank you for posting. :)