A baby boy Diaper Cake for someones special baby shower! ..
Time: 2 HoursCost: $20Difficulty: Easy
1...Miscellaneous baby items, I used Size 2 diapers 38 in a pack. Had a few left over. (Not many) Tissue paper, 3 sizes of cardboard pizza rings from my favorite pizza place..Sm. Med. Lg. Ribbon, Scissors, Glue gun, 2 sided sticky tape. 2 BIG rubber bands.1 paper towel roll. This pic shows some items I DIDN'T use but I just wanted to make sure I had everything I needed. (I make diaper cakes so I will use these items in other projects)
3. Found the center of the Med. pizza ring, sat the paper towel roll on top, drew my circle, & cut it out. You could do this BEFORE you wrapped it if you choose.
4. Again, finding the center, hot glued the paper towel roll to the very bottom, the largest, Pizza ring.
5. ROLL! Rolling your diapers, LONG wise, & securing them with a small piece of 2 sided sticky tape. Then placing them, standing up, going around the cardboard roll. The large rubber band helps hold them in place while you're adding...
6. Here I have the bottom layer done. I left a small margin of the plate showing, to look like a cake plate. Note... this is not the ribbon I decided to use when I was done..
7. Slide the roll thru your hole for the middle layer to sit on top of the base layer. Continued with the rolled diapers sitting on the middle plate.
8. The last pizza slice sits on top of the middle layer. Glued in place.. You COULD add another, smaller layer, if you like, it would be a 3 tier cake, I chose the smaller version & I was running out of diapers.
9. On the top, I placed a rattle, teething ring, Teddy Bear wash cloth, & small items amongst my pretty ribbons. And a babies first Birthday candle.
Suggested materials for this project:View All Materials
Prices updated as of May 18, 2018 10:34 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.