Cabin Log Style Bathroom

$300

For a couple of years, we kept a pile of siding wood that we got while we removed an old shed (you can see that project in my post called "a shed in the wrong place). I knew I was going to use that siding somewhere else but didn't know where. This past Summer I finally got inspired and decided to change the look of our main bathroom. Originally it was painted in plain green. Even though I like the color green, I thought it was time to make a change. This is what I did.....
It all started when we removed the walls of an old shed. We kept the siding to use in the future
I measured the bathroom walls and choose carefully the pieces of siding I was going to use for this project
Counted and cut the pieces I needed
Sanded and painted them with Sequoia Red Thompson's semi-transparent wood stain & sealer and let them dry.
While the paint on the siding pieces was drying outside, I started working inside. I masked the existing white medicine cabinets and windows. Painted the existing wood cabinets with Sequoia Red Thompson's semi-transparent wood stain & sealer
Painted the walls with Behr interior eggshell enamel ultra pure white 2750
I bought several pieces of 8 in. x 5-1/2 in. x 5 ft. Cedar Flat-Top Fence Picket at Home Depot, and stapled them as the walls, door and window trims, just to give a rustic look to the walls. I painted them with the same Sequoia Red Thompson's  semi-transparent wood stain & sealer I used for the rest of the project
When the siding pieces were dry, I brought them inside.....
And stapled them on the bathtub wall...
And in the back wall
Also made a shelf with wooden crates I bought at Michaels. Painted them with Sequoia Red Thompson's  semi-transparent wood stain & sealer.

• Debbie

ng!Is this a double wide or manufactured home? Beautiful room, thank you for shari
  • Terre McCanna

Are there any concerns about water/steam accumulating behind the wood?
    • AnaAlvarez

Terre, the wood is very old and uneven, that there are plenty of parts where the wall is exposed, so in this case, I'm not really concern. The bathroon has a powerfull fan and is very dry
  • Trudi

I was loving it when you just put up the molding. But when you added the siding on some of the wall I was in infatuated. We have a country home with some log accents. Where did you get the siding? I have not seen that at Home Depot (my one stop shop). You did a great job and I love it!

• NancyMaria

Read the beginning again, the wood was reclaimed from an old building.