DIY Sharpie Silhouette Mugs for Valentines Day

$20

Make some cute and crafty mugs to celebrate Valentines Day! In less than an hour, you can create your own silhouette mugs. It's a simple and easy project.
Check out the tutorial video for all the details on making these adorable mugs for you and a significant other (or maybe just you-because that's ok too).
diy sharpie silhouette mugs for valentines day
We started our project with plain, white mugs. You could choose a different color, but a light color would be best. You will also need some silhouette stickers and some ceramic and sharpie markers.
Place the silhouette sticker on your mug and begin to outline and draw a design around the sticker. Here's where your creativity can flow!
I love the look of black and white but I also thought it would be great to incorporate gold, so I used a gold marker to add small touches. You may have another fun accent color that you want to try.
Once the marker is good and dry, remove the sticker. To set your design, place your mugs on a tray in the oven. Heat to 350. Once it reaches the temp, leave your mugs in for 30 mins.
Finished product! We hope you enjoy this project as much as we did.
Remodelaholic

• Julie

Are they dishwasher safe?

• Barb

can you put them in dishwasher

• Erica Smith

Yes once you set the sharpies with baking the mugs. Have a great day!!

• Carolyn

Does it have to be ceramic markers?? Can I just use Sharpies??

• MMM

Shirley Black Maloy - with the oil sharpies, do you bake them in the oven to set them? Thanks.