Super Simple DIY Tile Backsplash

$100
I have been wanting to add a backsplash above the stove for a while. The kitchen floor was recently redone (due to flooding) and I was going to have the same contractor add a backsplash above the stove for $200.00. This price was for labor only. I would need to provide the grout, thin set, and tile. Well, the contractor got very busy and two weeks went by. One night (Thursday), I finally decided to do the backsplash myself. Friday morning, I was at Home Depot gathering my supplies. Saturday, I was laying tile. Sunday, I grouted. Done!
super simple diy tile backsplash, home decor, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling, wall decor, DIY Stove backsplash
DIY - Stove backsplash.
These are the supplies I used. The metal trim edge that I used on the sides of the backsplash is optional. Because I only added a backsplash above the stove, I felt the metal trim edge tied everything off nicely.
super simple diy tile backsplash, home decor, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling, wall decor, This are the supplies I used
This are the supplies I used.
Here is a before photo and some close ups of the stove backsplash.
super simple diy tile backsplash, home decor, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling, wall decor, Before Stove backsplash
Before - Stove backsplash.
super simple diy tile backsplash, home decor, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling, wall decor, Close up of the stove backsplash
Close up of the stove backsplash.
super simple diy tile backsplash, home decor, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling, wall decor, Close up of tile and metal trim edge
Close up of tile and metal trim edge.
I want to add that the price can vary. It obviously depends on the price of the tile you wish to use and square footage. However, there is minimal mess with the above supplies used and it is easy to do.
If you would like more detail on how I did my stove backsplash, I provide a tutorial on the link below. Maybe this will help you, if you wish to create your own tile backsplash. :)
Julie
BeingHomeDecor.com
Being Home

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 90 comments
Next