Broken Wine Glasses Turned Into Coconut Planters

$0

I don't know what it is with wine glasses but in our home we always seem to have a few broken ones, especially after the festive season  Does that happen to you too?
broken wine glasses turned into coconut planters
When they break off neatly at the stem they can be recycled into the most amazing planters. Just add a coconut or two to the mix
We love using fresh coconuts at home so we normally have a few empty shells lying around. To turn the broken wine glasses into coconuts planters we simply drilled a hole in the center, bottom of each of the shells. The hole needs to be about as wide as the top of the wine glass stem.
Drill a few smaller holes for drainage and then use a waterproof, non-toxic glue to attach the wine stem to the coconut.
Fill with soil and some succulents and, voila, the wine glass coconut planters are ready.
I think they look stunning as a rustic center piece and the best thing about it is they don't cost a thing, since all the pieces have been recycled instead of thrown away. I'd love to know what you think of the idea. Oh, before I forget, we turned the goblet portion of the wine glass into a cloche to protect this adorable little fairy garden. You can find the full tutorial here.
Have you recycled any glasses? Let me know in the comments. I'm always looking for more idea.

P.S. You can see how we cleaned and cut the coconuts to get them ready for the planters on the blog link below.
A Crafty Mix - Michelle

• Melanie Shearman

That is stunning! You are very creative. I always move cracked glasses, stemware, etc from my cabinets to my counters as pencil holders or paintbrush holders. I have a couple small glasses that were the last of a set that hold my makeup brushes and pencils

• Kimmy

So creative, and gorgeous,cant wait to do this project, although I am obsessed about never breaking my wine glassess, but that's why we have Dollar Stores for! Lol!