Jonathan Fong
Jonathan Fong
  • Santa Monica, CA

Peter Rabbit Cargo Train

Choo choo! Everybody get on board the Peter Rabbit cargo train. This cute decoration, which features box cars holding peeps, is perfect for Easter or a baby shower.
peter rabbit cargo train, crafts, easter decorations, seasonal holiday decor
The box cars are decorated with Beatrix Potter illustrations, which have just entered the public domain.
The boxes were die cut and assembled using the Sizzix box die. If you don't have a Sizzix die cutter, you can just use a plain square gift box and remove the lid. I also distressed the sides and corners with some brown ink to add a vintage look.
Then I decorated the boxes with Craft Attitude film, on which I printed the Peter Rabbit illustrations. Craft Attitude is a printable film that you put in your inkjet printer, and you're able to print any image you want on it, and then apply that film to practically any surface. I applied these images with some spray adhesive, but you can also use a glue stick.
I connected the boxes with some beads to create a train.
We need wheels, so I hot glued some large buttons of various colors to the bottoms of the boxes.
Then I filled the boxes, or box cars, with Peeps and Easter grass. This is going to be some "hopping" train.
Jonathan Fong