Tight for Space for a Side Table? Go UP With a Ladder!

I wanted a king sized bed. There, I said it. Which translated to not much room for much else in my bedroom.
So when I needed a side table, I had to come up with something small, but useful.
A ladder was the answer! All your stuff can have it's own shelf, it's easy to reach with today's high beds and eats up very little space! A full ladder intact (not taken apart) and a few random planks are all you'll need for this one.
What do you think of this idea? Would this work anywhere you are also tight for space?
This ladder is part of where 11 bloggers gathered around to create new junk projects.
Visit them all by clicking the hashtag or visiting the blog post below!
A step ladder side table allows a separate shelf for each of your favourite things!
Random boards were cut to size, then attached to the ladder steps and set along a wall support. The ladder is attached to the wall via hinges on the top. Easy!
A quirky jewellery holder created from pipes adds some fun to the quirky set up!
Add a quirky bed tray (see blog link) and it's time to take a DIY break! You know where I'll be...
Visit the blog link to check them all out!
Visit or click the blog link below to take in all 11 projects!

30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Everything Red For Canada Day
Cuddling Up At Home With A Bottle Of Wine? Then Try These Projects!
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Hedstrom Debbie
    Hedstrom Debbie

Hi, I love this but was wondering with a step ladder the bars in back normally do not match up with the steps how did you level the shelves, or make them solid??

• GBK
      GBK

Looks like cleats on the wall were used.

• Pam T
    Pam T

I love the idea of a repurposed wooden ladder....and I have major issues with organizing in my bedroom, with all the books, mags, projects scattered around....this is a great idea for organizing the clutter! Thanks, Donna!! :-)

• Jeanie
    Jeanie

There is a salvage shop near me that has a ton of these ladders. I am so going to do this! Thanks for a great idea!