How to Make a Paint Brush Wreath

$10

Sometimes it just happens, despite my best intentions, a paint brush dries to a crisp. There are ways to clean a brush, and some tricks to get out dried paint - but there are times it's just no use. If you paint a lot you may have a whole collection of these brushes (is it just me??!). So one day I decided to make something with these brushes - why not turn them into something beautiful.

That's how the paint brush wreath was born.

how to make a paint brush wreath

This would be a cute wreath or wall art for a store or workshop... So I hope you never look at a crusty old paint brush the same again - re-imagine it into a beautiful up-cycled paint brush wreath!

how to make a paint brush wreath

First things first, paint your round piece of wood in a dark color. This will show through a bit, so just paint it to hide it.

While the paint is drying, use a small drill bit and drill to drill through the end of each paint brush handle making a small pilot hole. This will prevent the handle from cracking when you screw it to the piece of wood. 

how to make a paint brush wreath

Lay out your brushes on the circle of wood - adjust until you like the layout. I try to make the brushes across from each other nice and straight.  

how to make a paint brush wreath

Once you are happy with how it looks, screw the brushes to the round board with dry wall screws.  

My blog post has a video of this process - just click on the link at the end of this project post. Plus you'll see the paint color I used and you'll also learn what hardware I used on the back to hang it!

how to make a paint brush wreath

A friend was selling some pieces of slate, so I cut one in a circle with my jigsaw and had a local print shop print a Bible verse on the slate. If you don't have access to such things you could add a small chalk board, or another piece of wood to the top of the brushes.  

how to make a paint brush wreath

I love what a good reminder this verse is, "Aspire to live quietly... and work with your hands" 1 Thes 4:11. This is such a good reminder to use our creativity for good - to inspire and encourage others. 

Please find me on Facebook @rootsandwingsfurniture to see more of my diy projects. I regularly share design inspiration, furniture makeovers, and painting tips .... and film Facebook Lives!

For more details:

👇👇👇👇

http://www.rootsandwingsfurniture.com/blog/paintbrushwreath

You should also subscribe to my blog and get DIY projects sent directly to your email so you don't miss out!

Jenni Ingram

• Itsmemic

absolutely love this idea...but...do the brushes smell? I mean still give off fumes ? I just may buy dollar store brushes and use acrylic paint to FAKE old paint... :)

• Val

I really like this, especially the quote on the wood, what a neat look.

• Sharon R. Gustaitis

I’m going to do this in red yellow and oranges like a sun (I live in the desert...) and put it on my front door! ☀️