DesertRose
DesertRose
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Phoenix, AZ

Fairy Garden Miniature

$10

Miniature gardens are darling decorations to put by your garden path or even near your front door to welcome spring! I wanted to make a garden door that could be used for any season or holiday. I planned for all the parts to be interchangeable and removable except for the main base.

garden door welcome spring with miniature garden door

My friend, Michelle, made the base for me out of parts of two wooden chairs. Then I decorated it. I will post a full video of the garden door at the very end.

She removed the bottom half of the chairs and used a seat to connect the backs.

Then she used hunter green latex paint at my request.

She also combined several colors to paint the "seat" part. After the paint was dry, she gave it a second coat.

Meanwhile I found miniature objects to add to the garden to celebrate spring. Anyway, we are excited about seeing some snow melt and planning fun things like this miniature garden door.

My plan was simple, cover some Styrofoam with contact paper to make the door, wall, and eaves. I chose two prints that both resembled wood. Then I located wall stickers in the wallpaper aisle for my butterflies, dragonflies, and bugs.

I covered the top side of two equal pieces of Styrofoam and folded it over the back leaving space between them to form the "roof" or eaves on top the wall and door.

I added moss, a bowl of flowers, birds, bird house, and a pebbled pathway. The nob on the door was from an old table we used to own.

Here is a close up video of things I had on hand to add to the miniature garden door to welcome spring. If you have anything miniature to add to a small garden door or path, you can make one too.