Bedroom Makeover in One Week - Bedroom #2

$200

I’ve been at my sister’s house making over her children’s bedrooms for the entire month of March. If you haven’t seen it, click on my profit to see Bedroom #1 post which is my nephew’s bedroom.

This post is all about bedroom #2 which is my other nephew’s bedroom. This nephew is also 17 (the boys are twins); however, this is the master bedroom.
My sister had painted it purple...painted everything purple and painted everything semi-gloss. But I couldn’t wait to get in there.
I began by removing everything from the room.
I painted the ceiling white and continued the white about 2” down onto the walls.
I removed his window casings and built farmhouse window casings which I painted white.
To see this simple Farmhouse Window project, click on my profile page.
I also removed and replaced all of the baseboards and door casings. This was easier than trying to cover several coats of purple paint.
I spackled the many holes that were in the walls. Once the spackle was dry, I sanded the walls smooth. The walls had been patched years ago and were very lumpy.
Then I primed his walls using a flat white and painted his walls “Inspiring Hue” by Valspar. The room was getting brighter!
His bed was falling apart so I built him a new headboard. The post for that is coming soon.
I painted his closet doors and added moulding to them.
To see this simple project, Adding Moulding To Closet Doors, click my profile page.
He has two closets in his room and one didn’t have doors so I gave him a study area complete with a new desk. I also outfitted it with a personalize cork board, storage, a new lamp and chair. I also updated an old mirror.
To see how to build this Simple Desk and the Mirror Revamp, click on my profile page.
He is a very talented actor so I framed his playbills using floating frames.
He loves his new room! It’s cleaner and brighter.
And not purple anymore!

• Paint  (Lowe’s)
  • Primer  (Lowe’s)
  • Floating Frames  (Michael’s)

Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
15 Unconventional Ways To Use A Tomato Cage
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames

• Mcgypsy9
    Mcgypsy9

I’ve read all your posts and you did a great job but I don’t see your posting for your page anywhere. What is the address? Thanks!

1 comment
  • Heje
    Heje

The room looks more grown up - good job. The dresser must be part of a future project. It just takes some luan to cover the drawer panels to give it a more modern design.