DIY Silver Tray Wreath!

75K Views
Want to make a bold statement in the dining room? Then this DIY project is for you!
Time: 1 HoursCost: $100Difficulty: Easy
  • diy silver tray wreath
I saw a picture of a tray wreath years ago in a magazine and knew one day I'd make one. It took me a while to collect several silver trays from thrift stores and antique malls because I didn't pay more than $8.00 for any one of them.
  • diy silver tray wreath
You only need 10 silver trays to make a 42" tall wreath. You could also make it as small or as large as you want but I think anything larger would be hard to handle when turning it over. First use rubbing alcohol to clean the trays. I liked the tarnished look so didn't bother with cleaning the silver.
Lay out 5 trays in a circle with the ones you want on top first. Lay them face down. Then place the top 5 in between in the gaps. Now take a picture of it or mark them on the backs with painters tape.
  • diy silver tray wreath
I think the hardest part is turning them over and placing them just right while they are upside down. But this is the most time consuming part of this DIY. And important. You don't want your wreath to be egg shaped because you didn't pay attention to the first circle.
  • diy silver tray wreath
Next comes the fun part. Slightly lift up the top trays and start hot gluing them. Glue wherever the top tray comes in contact with the bottom tray. Push down and hold for about 45 seconds each time you glue.
  • diy silver tray wreath
You can't have to much glue. We added extra beads to the top side when we felt they were stuck together well. If you want to make one and want to see more detailed steps, visit the blog and get started! You'll love the statement it makes. I've had several compliments.
  • diy silver tray wreath

Suggested materials for this project:

View All Materials
Prices updated as of June 13, 2018 11:33 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
Cindy Richter