Bright and Sunny Outdoor Fabric Ottoman

I fell in love with a large wire bakery basket a friend scored at an estate sale. When my friend ended up giving it to me, I had no idea it would turn into such a fun part of our outdoor space. This wire basket has been transformed into a usable piece of furniture in our outdoor courtyard/room with the addition of an upholstered top. I picked an outdoor fabric from Online Fabric Store by Premier Prints in a yellow polka dot. This fun fabric took our courtyard fireplace area from blah to fabulous. Bring on the warm weather and roasted marshmallows with the family!
This is our outdoor ottoman in our courtyard. I love how the fabric goes so well with all the other pieces we already had. Sometimes all you need is a great POP of color to make a room come together.
This is the large wire baking basket before I fixed it with some floral wire and spray paint.
This is the view from our front door facing the courtyard fireplace. I took some items I already had around the house and gave them a shot of gold spray paint to up the WOW factor.
Here is my large wire baking basket transformed and upcycled into a bright and comfy outdoor ottoman.
I think the addition of this jute trim finished the piece off perfectly.
We can't wait to spend many nights as a family relaxing by the fire, telling stories and roasting marshmallows.

Melody

• Kellie Raulerson

Where did you find the Basket ?
    • Melody

One of my friends gave it to me. She found it at an estate sale in CT. I believe it was once used for bread.

• Greta Brasington

hmmmm
  • Flipturn

You can make any densly woven decorator fabric (as opposed to fashion fabric that is clothing weight) very water repellent by spraying it with Scothguard spray.