Tips to Paint Your Front Door a Pretty Color

$40

Your front door says a lot about you and your style. Plus, it's the first thing that guests see then they come over to visit. So I think it's pretty important that this area looks its best!

I decided to paint my door a gorgeous light blue color and I learned a lot during this simple DIY project. For the full tutorial, head over to our blog.
tips to paint your front door a pretty color
Here's my front door before we get started. The brown wasn't doing our house any favors and it looked so dark on our front porch. This area was just begging for some color!
But what color exactly?! Well that's where samples came in handy. I knew I wanted a blue tone, but couldn't decide between a light blue or a navy blue. After painting them all on the door, I knew that the color "Stratton Blue" by Benjamin Moore was the winner.
After choosing a color, I sanded down the door using an orbital sander. This is a must for a smooth and even finish.
Once I got started painting, I used a door stopper to keep the door ajar. When you’re painting the front of the door it’s important that the door stays steady. You’ll want to put the door wedge behind the door so that it will stay in the position that you put it in.
Here's what my door looks like now! Isn't it gorgeous?!
I even replaced the knocker with this cute gold bee knocker!

For more tips on how to paint a door (and all of the details on this adorable door knocker) head to our blog for the full tutorial.
The DIY Playbook