4 DVD Case Hacks!

NEW!

Yes it's time for another challenge - DVD Hacks! We all have them and I tend to donate the movies we are done with. However - what do you do with them if something happens to the DVD - it's scratched, lost, etc? Here are a few DVD case hacks that I came up with...

You can see more of my crazy creations here

Time: 15 MinutesCost: $2Difficulty: Easy
  • 3 dvd case hacks

Wall Art -

I bought these wall stickers from Dollar Tree.

• 3 dvd case hacks

I cut some gray marble card stock to fit inside the DVD sleeve, placed a sticker on each card stock piece, and slid it into the DVD case.

• 3 dvd case hacks

I hot glued the cases together. You could use a more permanent glue like E6000 or super glue if you like.

• 3 dvd case hacks

I used double stick tape on the back and I hung it up above our pantry in our kitchen.

• 3 dvd case hacks

Dry Erase Board/Command Center -

I measured and cut white paper to place on the DVD cases under the sleeve.

• 3 dvd case hacks

I decided to use 6 DVD cases for a larger white board/command center and I set them up like this.

• 3 dvd case hacks

I hot glued the edges together. You could use a more permanent glue if you like.

• 3 dvd case hacks

Use dry erase markers to write on the sleeve, and it wipes right off.

I glued 4 magnets onto the 4 corners on back and placed it on my refrigerator. Now I have a section for my grocery list, a section for each of my kid's chores, a reminder section, etc.

• 3 dvd case hacks

Picture Frame -

For this project I hot glued together 2 DVD cases at an angle.

• 3 dvd case hacks

I slid in 2, 5x7 picture of my kids and placed it on display in my home.

• 3 dvd case hacks

Vertical Planter -

*This project was inspired by this post - https://www.hometalk.com/30239427/how-we-repurposed-empty-dvd-cases-to-make-a

I took an old sign I had, set it on a vinyl table cloth, traced it, and cut it out.

• 3 dvd case hacks

I Mod Podged the sign ...

• 3 dvd case hacks

and placed the cut out vinyl table cloth on top.

• 3 dvd case hacks

To make my planter I would need to use my DVD cases open and horizontal with the opening on the top.

I took my DVD cases, placed them on the vinyl table cloth and created and cut out the shape I wanted. I wanted my case to be open so I stared with the "v" moved to the flat horizontal side, back to the other "v" and then made sure to have some extra to wrap around the back on both sides.

• 3 dvd case hacks

Here is the cut shape.

I slid the table cloth through the plastic sleeve and left the sides hanging out.

See more photos

Suggested materials for this project:

• DVD Cases
  • Paper
  • Wall Stickers  (Dollar Tree)
Chas

Ask a Question