When Everyone Fights Over Your Pipe Handled Reclaimed Wood Bed Tray...

$30

One Saturday night, my son hogged the TV with one of his action movies.

Totally not in the mood for big explosions nor world domination, I took my laptop to my bedroom for a Netflix chic flick movie instead.

But laptops on your lap are not very comfortable. And they can overheat.

So I took action the next day. I found an old gate hiding in my stash, ripped it apart, and created a reclaimed wood pipe handled bed tray instead. It must have been an amazing idea because it didn't stay just mine for long... look who all came to visit!

Every girl deserves a bed tray for her bedroom. And this one is SO EASY to make!

I made this old gate many moons ago and it was eating up space in my garage. So I took it apart for the wood.

Pipe fittings make easy handles and legs! I love the expression on the hardware salespeople when they ask me what I need the pipes for... never a dull expression to be seen.

Ahhhh, MUCH better!

Hey... who's this?! And what are you doing in my bedroom retreat?!

And now the cats! What in blazes is going on here...

Why, that is our own Miriam from Hometalk! She just saw this bed tray and waltzed right through that BC Canada monitor all the way from New York to test this puppy out! So since you're here... what would you like to watch?

Miriam, thank-you for your fun visit! It's truly a compliment when everyone in the world (and all their pets) fight over your treasured bed tray. Just make one. It'll turn your bedroom into a little retreat! That everyone wants a part of....

Click HERE to visit the full original blog post tutorial on this tray.

• Reclaimed wood
  • Pipe fittings

Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
Turn A Cake Pan Into A Shelf + More Clever Repurposing Ideas!
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Tammy
    Tammy

What was the cost of all the pipe and accessories?
    • Sorry Tammy, I don't remember the cost on all the pipe fittings as it was a project done in 2014. I'm thinking about $20 but I could be way off. What I do love about working with pipe fittings is the fact that they are reusable. When you tire of the project, remove and use them on another! I do this frequently so I no longer worry about initial costs, because they are like parts that can be used again. :) Hope you go for it! I would suggest smaller pipes so they are a little lighter.
  • Sherry Lewis
    Sherry Lewis

Can I get the finished measurements of the top? This is an awesome idea!!! Great idea as a gift as well!!

• Sherry Lewis
      Sherry Lewis

thank you so much.... i just purchased the pipe fittings and the guy at Ace said recently tons of people are purchasing fittings so much that hes having to buy much more! We live in a small town, so we don't have many options! I LOVE that tray and thank you for sharing the idea!! The Ace hardware guy liked it as well!!

• Cynthia Rose
    Cynthia Rose

I love this idea so much ! I am going to make one this weekend . Thank You !

• Jjqq
    Jjqq

Exactly the post I’ve been waiting for - my old TV tray will soon be a great bed tray!