Installing Banquette Bench Booth Seating In Your Kitchen

$750
Advanced

If you love this project, be sure to subscribe to our blog to receive updates regularly!

This banquette bench tutorial post is brought to you by Columbia Forest Products / PureBond Hardwood Plywood. All opinions are entirely my own and based on my honest experience.

If you’ve always dreamed of having booth seating or a corner storage bench in your breakfast nook, you’re in luck. You’re going to love this detailed tutorial for how to build a banquette bench in your kitchen!
installing banquette bench booth seating in your kitchen
MEASURE SPACE AND PLAN YOUR BANQUETTE BENCH
This step is so obvious, I know! But it doesn’t hurt to mention that the planning (and measuring) portion of building your banquette bench is one of the most important parts.
REMOVE BASEBOARDS.
The baseboards in the corner of your kitchen will need to be removed in order to install your corner bench seating.
BUILD INTERIOR FRAMING.
These provide the major structural support for the bench. Once these are installed, the plywood will attach directly on to the framing.
BUILD BACK OF BENCH FRAMING.
The 2x4s for the framing on the back of the bench are angled at approximately 5 degrees. To get these cuts, we built a jig for the table saw.
INSTALL INTERIOR AND BACK FRAMING.
Start with the corner framing brackets. They should fit together to form a box in the corner of your breakfast nook.
INSTALL FRONT PANELS TO BENCH.
First, add some wood glue where the panels will touch the brackets. Then clamp them into place and levels with wood shims on the floor. 
ADD HINGES.
Last step is to get that bench seat attached with hinges to make it a corner storage bench with lifting seats. 

To learn more about this project and see more pictures and details,  visit the full blog post here.
Chelsea @ Making Manzanita

• Tsm28613465

How did you get measurements for the benches since they have the angle in the corner?

• You know that the angle is 90 degrees. You measure the seat length and width up to the wall on each side. The wood for the top of the seat is cut at a 45 degree angle at each end of the bench that meets in the corner -cut 45 degrees on the left side for the right side and right side for the left side. Hope this helps. 😊

• Kar28435210

What to use to replace legs for a 42 inch round patio table and how to make. Wood, ofc?

• Eileen Ciuraru

I have benches in my 1929 house that sit in a nook. I was wondering how do you make them so that you can store things in them.

• Amy Helen Chu

I love this and I have to tell you we had those in a bay window, same idea. The problem was they were uncomfortable for the oval table we had. They also needed some really strong pads / upholstery because they were just tough. So be sure to have a table that people can reach from the bench and consider mats.

• Mag34192762

Awesome