Halloween DIY Spell Books

$0

These 'Spell Books' were a fun DIY to add to my kitchen Halloween decor. They were made from old cookbooks (mostly diet books - I mean, this Mama of 8 survives on coffee and sugary junk to get me through the day and wine to get me through the night, if we're being totally honest - no diet books needed 'round here, my friends!)
These are pretty self-explanatory but I am going to add some pictures to show you what I did. Basically, you take brown craft paper and wrap your books old school and secure them with tape. Next you paint them black (I chose spray paint but craft paint and a foam brush work just as well) and finally you add your titles with a white paint marker. That's it! So easy and simple!
halloween diy spell books
I woke up to a dark and dreary morning. The weather was making me feel quite "witchy" (or it was the lack of sleep from so many darn kids) but, for this story, we are going to blame it on the weather. It sounds better. SOOO, I decided to craft some Halloweeny junk to make the bad mood spell disappear. Because it was raining (and mostly because I didn't want to put pants on), I used things I already had at home.
halloween diy spell books
halloween diy spell books
halloween diy spell books
halloween diy spell books
halloween diy spell books
halloween diy spell books
halloween diy spell books
halloween diy spell books
halloween diy spell books

• Old Cookbooks
  • Brown craft paper roll
  • Clear packing tape
Perfectly DeStressed