It’s Such a Girly Thing!

$35

When I saw the coat rack I knew that it would look great above a table that I just bought at an auction. How to hang the coat rack? On a door of course.

I just fell in love with this coat rack. So feminine!

This table was so uniquely shaped. I thought it would look good below the coatrack.

So I began painting the table a creamy white. It took 3 coats of paint to make me happy.

I framed it out with a beautiful gray. After looking at it, and forgetting to take pictures, I thought it was a little plain. So, I went to my trusty Cricut and cut a stencil of a fleur de lis. This is what this piece needed.

Here is another view of the piece before I did the stenciling.

And here it is done. The top stencil was one I designed by putting four of the fleur de lis together and shrinking them.

Then I centered the coatrack on the top part of the door.

The lath is what I put on the back of the thin door to make it “beefier” when I attached the coatrack.

To make it sturdy, I attached a small board to the back of the door and bottom of the table.

This is the underside back of the table. I attached a small piece of wood to the bottom of table and then secured that to the door.

This is one of four screws that are secured to each bottom leg of the table. I always predrill every screw to help drive the screw and or to prevent the wood from splitting.

Side view of the finished piece.

Straight view of the piece. Isn’t it girly!

And one last look. I absolutely love it!

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home

• Penny

Okay.... you got me on that one....

would have never thought it wouldn't turn out that Great......!!!

Amazing work, how did you see that from that "Ugly duckling" table ???? I can be creative, but that "takes the cake" for me 😊😊😊😊

• Jewellmartin

I’ve never seen anything like that table before. And I’ve seen many halltrees that include tables and they almost always are masculine. You really brought the feminism into this project. Well done! ☺️

• Terri

Amazing! I love everything about it!

• Heje

It turned out amazing! I especially liked the contrast of the colors.