Spray Painted Lace Mini Blind Makeover

$25

It's easy to give plain white vinyl mini blinds a makeover to give them some personality to match your decor.

I'm in the middle of a living room makeover and I found some very well priced vinyl mini blinds at my local big box store for my three living room windows.

I laid each one of the blinds out on an old sheet, and made sure the slats were nicely in place.

I covered the blind with a thrifted lace tablecloth and spray painted through it, using it as a stencil.

Don't worry about it being perfect, becuse it won't be, but it's really not supposed to be.

I did this to a table years ago, and thought I'd give it a try on my blinds.

Since I love color I'm painting mine pink, but any color could be used to match any decor.

As soon as I was finished spray painting I removed the tablecloth and let my blind dry for about 30 minutes.

Before I placed my finished blind in my window I spray painted the top and bottom rails with the same pink.

Now it almost looks like fabric, and it's ready for me to add some curtains once I get them made.

For more tips, pictures, and to see the other two blinds (which are a little bit different) check out my blog post here.

Color Me Thrifty

• Barbara

Can you use the same lace table cloth for the whole project?

• Color Me Thrifty

Hi Barbara. I used the same lace tablecloth to spray paint three blinds. It does get a little stiff after each painting, and I don't think I could have done a fourth, but it worked fine for three. I think it really depends on the tablecloth.

• Lisa Fyock

THIS IS GREAT!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!! IT CAME OUT BEAUTIFUL! NOW MY FAMILY & FRIENDS WANT ME TO DO IT, TOO THEIR BLINDS!! I LOVE YOUR IDEAS!!

• Color Me Thrifty

Thanks so much Lisa! I'm so excited that you're going to try this. It really is a super easy and inexpensive way to dress up plain white blinds.

• Kim Donna

Did you do both sides of blind?

• Color Me Thrifty

No, I only did the insides because that's where I wanted the look. Also, the paint would certainly be affected over time by UV rays if the outsides were painted.