How to Frame Your Builder Grade Mirror

$50

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!

When you hear "builder grade" you probably have the same yellow/beige color I'm thinking of come to mind. You've seen those boring bathroom mirrors that are essentially just glass stuck to the wall. I teamed up with a Hometalker who had FIVE of these mirrors in her house and knew she needed an easy way to transform them.

If you're in the Houston area, I can help you create this look for your home! Click here to see how I can help you & send me a message to get started!

We started with these mirrors in the master bathroom. As you can see there's nothing interesting about them - just a plain mirror hung on the wall.

With a few cuts and some glue we transformed these mirrors!

The first thing we did was put up the corner pieces.

Add a bit of glue and press directly onto the mirror. Make sure you are lined up directly into the corner!

Next, measure the space between the corner pieces and cut your trim board to fit!

Glue up your trim boards and use a bit of tape if they need help staying in place.

Once all your trim is in place - add a little extra tape if you notice it's slid down after a few minutes. Once it starts to dry, your pieces will stay in place.

Note: we painted our pieces before putting them up. Much easier to paint before it goes on the mirror!

Allow plenty of time for the adhesive to dry before removing your tape!

Enjoy your beautiful new mirrors!

Amber Oliver

• Laurie

Can you still take the mirror off the wall if you want to?

• Leslie
      Just now

Hi Laurie, sorry you didn't get an answer. Usually builder grade mirrors are glued to the wall so you would have to check to see if your mirror is loose or glued. The old way of attaching these mirrors were little screw in plastic mirror brackets, which you can still find in hardware stores.

• Marcella

My mirror has metal clips holding it up - how do you work around those?

• Dogsmom

I read on another post that you don't have to rout out the molding. The suggestion was to carefully unscrew the clips and replace the clip with a metal washer. Then tighten the screw against the washer. This makes for a much flatter area and still secured mirror. Obviously you would need to make sure the washer hole will fit the screw. I have washers and I am going to try this.

• Maria

what if mirror has a beveled edge?

• Tish

Depends on *how beveled* it is and how wide the bevel area is... most are fairly shallow and not that wide, so as long as you put an adequate amount (but not too much!) adhesive and make sure you have the pieces affixed in place with your tape you should be fine.

Be sure your mirror is exquisitely clean and dry, and that you don’t get in a hurry... let that adhesive COMPLETELY dry before you remove the tape holding it in place.

Good luck! Hope you get to *fancy up* your mirror!

• Linda Abate

You have created a very expensive looking mirror by using these decorative corner pieces and molding. Looks spectacular.

• Dedee

Beautiful job , looks really nice .