How to Frame Your Builder Grade Mirror

$50

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!

When you hear "builder grade" you probably have the same yellow/beige color I'm thinking of come to mind. You've seen those boring bathroom mirrors that are essentially just glass stuck to the wall. I teamed up with a Hometalker who had FIVE of these mirrors in her house and knew she needed an easy way to transform them.

If

how to frame your builder grade mirror

We started with these mirrors in the master bathroom. As you can see there's nothing interesting about them - just a plain mirror hung on the wall.

how to frame your builder grade mirror

With a few cuts and some glue we transformed these mirrors!

how to frame your builder grade mirror

The first thing we did was put up the corner pieces.

how to frame your builder grade mirror

Add a bit of glue and press directly onto the mirror. Make sure you are lined up directly into the corner!

how to frame your builder grade mirror

Next, measure the space between the corner pieces and cut your trim board to fit!

how to frame your builder grade mirror

Glue up your trim boards and use a bit of tape if they need help staying in place.

how to frame your builder grade mirror

Once all your trim is in place - add a little extra tape if you notice it's slid down after a few minutes. Once it starts to dry, your pieces will stay in place.

how to frame your builder grade mirror
how to frame your builder grade mirror

Note: we painted our pieces before putting them up. Much easier to paint before it goes on the mirror!

how to frame your builder grade mirror

Allow plenty of time for the adhesive to dry before removing your tape!

how to frame your builder grade mirror

Enjoy your beautiful new mirrors!

Amber Oliver

• Nancy Husselman

I have small brackets that hold my mirrors up, will this work on them?

• Susan

easier way is to replace the plastic clip with a flat washer.

• Toni A.

Can the plastic mounding be painted to mask it is plastic?

• Claude

I just left the trim the factory white plastic because in the damp environment cleanup is only a wipe away.

• Eileen Omeara

How is the mirror attached to the wall?