Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Deco Mesh Winter Topiaires

$35

Need something new for your holiday decorating? Grab a tomato cage and some deco mesh for this adorable holiday idea!   Check out the video for more how-to's!

deco mesh winter topiaires

deco mesh winter topiaires

Step 1: Cut tomato cage.

Grab a plastic pot and a tomato cage. Cut down the tomato cage to size.

Step 2: Weigh down & attach.

Next, weigh down the pot with a large rock, brick, or other filler. Then, attach the tomato cage. I had some tape lying around my garage so that's what I used, you could also use duck tape. This won't show once you're done!

Step 3: Tie top

Grab a pipe cleaner and cut it in half. Pinch together the the top of the cage and twist around to create a point.

deco mesh winter topiaires

Step 4: Add LED lights.

After that, add some LED lights. You'll want to make sure they're LED lights to avoid a fire hazard.

deco mesh winter topiaires

Step 5: Add green deco mesh.

Next, grab some green deco mesh - pinch it together and attach with pipe cleaners. I attached the bottom but I was able to twist mine and sculpt it tucking it together as the tree formed up to the top. I used about 2 rolls of deco mesh per tree.

deco mesh winter topiaires

deco mesh winter topiaires

Step 6: Decorate.

Grab a red bow and thread a pipe cleaner though to tie on the top of the tree. Next, grab some ornament hooks and add them to the bulbs twisting them onto the deco mesh.

deco mesh winter topiaires
deco mesh winter topiaires
deco mesh winter topiaires

These little trees are the perfect way to brighten up your front porch or a dark corner of your home that needs a little holiday cheer!

deco mesh winter topiaires

After Christmas - remove the green deco mesh for a winter tree!

Step 1: Remove deco mesh.

Removing the deco mesh and bulbs is easy - since the bulbs are twisted into the mesh - it comes off in one piece! All you have to do is twist off the pipe cleaners.

Step 2: Reattach top.

Reattach the top of the tomato cage using a white pipe cleaner.

deco mesh winter topiaires

Step 3: Add white deco mesh.

Twist on white deco mesh, just like we did with the green!

For this project I used a total of 4 small rolls of green deco mesh & 3 large long rolls of white deco mesh. But this may vary depending on how fluffy you want the trees to be.

deco mesh winter topiaires

Step 4: Decorate.

Add a white bow, and some snowflakes for a winter tree that will last all season!

deco mesh winter topiaires

These little trees are so versatile - add some numbers and a countdown for a New Years tree, some hearts for a valentine's day topiary or some spiderwebs for halloween decor! The possibilities are endless!

I hope this inspires you to brighten up your home this winter with these cheerful topiaires!

• Alice katona

How much deco do you need and what size(with)

• Abbie M

Hi Alice! For this project I used a total of 4 small rolls of green deco mesh & 3 large long rolls of white deco mesh. But this may vary depending on how fluffy you want the trees to be!