Yarn Braided Garland

$4

Halloween ended and I was ready for a new garland. I wanted something that would work for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I ended up making this yarn braided garland and I love how it turned out. Who knew there was such a thing as a "cozy" garland? I already had the yarn at home, so this garland was free.

Gather your yarn. You will need lots and lots of yarn. I used several different kinds because it gives the garland a fun, textured look.

Figure out how long you want your garland and cut your yarn to that length. Tie a know at the end of your yarn and start braiding. I used about 15 pieces of yarn for the white braid.

Continue making braids with your yarn. I originally had the white braid, a chunky purple braid and a chunky grey braid. I tied them together and then braided all three braids. I thought it needed something else, so I ended up adding a black chunky braid to my garland. The black braid perfected this garland.

I love how this turned out. It's like a cozy sweater for your home! Use it on the mantle, on a curtain rod, on the stairs... anywhere your heart desires!

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom