DIY Christmas Tree Made From Scrap Wood

$20

I came to Matt with this DIY Christmas tree idea after seeing something similar online. I didn’t like the metal version and I hated the price tag. I knew we could come up with a different version that would look great and cost a lot less. In fact, we were able to use scrap wood and dowels we had in the garage so it cost us nothing besides the ornaments I fell in love with.

You can see the live video of us making this tree from start to finish below.

Once we had the tree together and the adhesive had dried, we sanded down all the wood and then it was time for paint. With any painting project I do, big or small, I grab my {aff}  Zibra brushes. They make easy work of all of my projects. It is amazing to finally have a paint brush made for DIYers like me!

I chose black for the tree. I was initially going to use this as an Advent calendar like you can see in the video, but I fell in love with the wood {aff}  ornaments and knew they would look amazing on the tree. It was like we made the tree for the ornaments, but they were an after thought because I didn't find them until after we had the tree done. 

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Here is the live video showing how we made this tree from start to finish.

I love the way this turned out! It has a modern vibe that I am obsessed with right now. The best part was that we made it from wood we had in the garage! FREE! Can't beat FREE Christmas decor.

To see the full details and supply list of this project, head to my blog: mycreativedays.porch.com/diy-christmas-tree-made-from-scrap-wood/

• Wood  (garage)
  • Paint  (home depot)
  • Miter saw  (home depot)

20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
Lindsay Eidahl

• Kay
    Kay

Have seen similar in stores, but I love yours, and just awesome way to display those beautiful wood ornaments.

• Kay
    Kay

have seen these in stores, but like yours better, great way to display your beautiful wood ornaments.