DIY Holiday Room Spray

$2

I love the holidays as well as the scents of the holidays. I also love to make up little inexpensive gifts to give to my family and friends. I've got an awesome little yummy smelling project that fits both of these categories and I'm going to tell you how I did it so you'll be able to make some and give as gifts too.

You will need Witch Hazel and an essential oil, scent of your choosing. For my first batch I decided to use doTERRA's Holiday Joy. There are SO MANY holiday scent recipes on Pinterest.

ETA: People are commenting on the awful smell of witch hazel, but the brand you see here has very little scent at all, not sure what the "stink" is all about!

You will need the following to make your own room spray:

Witch hazel - 5 tablespoons (You can use Vodka instead)

Essential Oil (8-10 drops)

2 ounce amber glass bottle

Small funnel

Tablespoon measuring spoon

Ribbons and such for decorating the bottle if you wish

I suggest using dark colored glass bottles because the plastic ones tend to absorb all your yummy oils.

Place the funnel in the bottle and add (5) tablespoons of witch hazel.

Then add 8-10 drops of your essential oil. I used the doTERRA Holiday Joy. You may have to use more drops if you use lower grade essential oils.

Now place the sprayer nozzle back on the bottle and tighten down. Tilt the bottle back and forth to blend the oil into the witchhazel.

Now, if you want to decorate your bottle to make it a bit more festive, you can add a tag with the name of the scent you used. You can also add a few ribbons and such to achieve the festive look.

If you want to know how I made this tag using my home printer, just click right here to be taken directly to my blog post where I give you EASY step by step instructions.

Tie on your tag and then doll it up with lots of ribbons and such to make for a lovely little gift that everyone will love! Each bottle of room spray cost me less than $1.50 to make. It could possibly cost you more if you don't already have the decorating items on hand.

DeeDee

• Robyn Garner

I actually detest the smell of witch hazel. Does the oil remove/overwhelm that smell or is there another carrier you can use?

Also, doesn't spraying an oil cause it to fall and attract dirt or stain upholstery? Thanks for your advice! 😎

• Patricia mooney

What is the substitute for which hazel

• Penny Renee Lewis

Please be careful when using Alcoholic bases, especially if you are giving as a gift. Alcoholic based sprays can trigger a Recovering Alcoholic. 🙂 Be Blessed.

• Kat

Does the bottle need to be dark for a reason? I’ve saved larger clear spray bottles from deodorant so would have to make larger quantities!

• Jannis

Thank for post this I hope to make them for gift for the family and other people

• Elise

I love witch hazel and think it smells clean. Great face cleaner& many personal wipes have it. It is safer for babies than brand name wipes with chemicals & scents. Thanks for the recipe.

• Jessica

Amazing idea! Thanks for sharing.

• DeeDee

Hi Jessica! Thank you so much, I hope you enjoy it! :)