Ho Ho Ho Holiday Hula Hoop

$10

My fireplace was just begging for a holiday makeover and who was I to say no. A ready made wreath large enough to not look dwarfed on my stone wall was either too expensive or just not my style, and that’s when I remembered my daughter's abandoned Hula Hoop and the fun began with this Holiday Hula Hoop! Here are the supplies needed:

ho ho ho holiday hula hoop

SUPPLIES

Vintage Wrapping Paper

Liquid Fusion Glue

Hula Hoop

Hot Glue Gun

Clothes Pins

Cardboard Box

Books

Aleene’s Tacky Transparent Tape for Crafters

Scissors

Pen

Ribbon & Bows

ho ho ho holiday hula hoop

I needed some faux gifts to wrap so the first thing I did was look around for small boxes. I didn’t have any boxes so I cut out squares and rectangles from an old cardboard box I had lying around the house. I used some of Tallulah’s small board books as a template.

ho ho ho holiday hula hoop

I made sure that I had enough cardboard shapes to fit around my Hula Hoop. I might mention that my Hula Hoop is smaller than most. I bought it for my daughter to play with this summer and I think she touched it once so I took it upon myself to upcycle it.

ho ho ho holiday hula hoop

A Hula Hoop does not have a lot of surface to glue cardboard gifts to so I had to improvise. My sister came up with the brilliant idea of attaching strips of cardboard all the way around which worked out swimmingly. Mom cut the strips of cardboard and using Liquid Fusion Glue I attached them to the Hula Hoop. I not only glued the cardboard together I also glued the cardboard to the actual Hula Hoop.

ho ho ho holiday hula hoop

All that was left to do was to add some ready made gift bows and hang my new wreath on the mantle. Lucky for me my sister loaned me a glitter encrusted deer head that I think really looks nice with the wreath and stockings.

ho ho ho holiday hula hoop
Jennifer Perkins

• Shelli

Awesome. So different. Love it

• Debbie Nottingham

Awsome idea. I'll save till next year as I don't think I will be able to find hoola hoops either. Very creative. 🎄🎄🎄