Quick Dresser Makeover for $11

$11

Today I want to show you a super easy quick dresser makeover that cost about $11 because I had so much paint leftover. Probably enough to do another dresser too.

I have tried a few different chalk paints, and was very impressed with Rust-oleum brand.

quick dresser makeover for 11

Supplies:

• Rust-oleum Chalked Paint in Linen White (Cost about $17, and I used exactly 1/2 so total was $8.50)
  • Americana Decor Creme Wax (Cost $10.80 and I used less than 1/8 for drawers so about $1.35)
  • Brushes (already had them)
  • Top Coat Spray (A little goes a long way so I barely used any of this bottle so about $1)
  • Sander (This is the one I use and love)

Total Cost of Supplies Bought and Used: $10.85

Click here for links to exact products used!

quick dresser makeover for 11

Step One: I cleaned the surface of the dresser and lightly sanded any paint that was chipping. The reason I love using chalk paint is there is very little prep work.

Step Two: I applied two coats of the linen white to the entire dresser. It was such a warm day, I only had to wait about 15 minutes in between

coats.

Step Three: I brushed on some dark wax to the drawers to create a shabby look.

Step Four: I bought a top coat spray at a painting class I took a few years ago and a little goes a long way (I have had the same bottle for years), so I didn’t use much to cover the entire dresser.

quick dresser makeover for 11

Click here for tips on making YOUR OWN chalk paint!

quick dresser makeover for 11
quick dresser makeover for 11
quick dresser makeover for 11

• Rust-oleum Chalked Paint in Linen White  (Online)
  • Americana Decor Creme Wax  (Online)
  • Brushes  (Online)
Alexis @ Chemistry Cachet