Terra Cotta Pot Christmas Tree!

$5

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!

Using unconventional materials is a fun way to create DIYs. I recently created a huge candy cane for our front yard using a big ol' piece of PVC pipe! For this project, I used a few items I picked up from the craft store (including a couple of terra cotta pots!). You'll need at least 3 pots, but you could possibly do more!

terra cotta pot christmas tree

Start by painting your pots. Most likely acrylic paint will work, but if you're planning to use them outdoors you may want to consider using an outdoor paint.

terra cotta pot christmas tree

You'll probably need at least two coats of paint for full coverage. Wait for your first coat to dry then give another coat so you have full coverage.

terra cotta pot christmas tree

Next glue decorative twine around the pots. You could also use a colorful ribbon.

terra cotta pot christmas tree

After that, glue on embellishments! I used metallic stars because I liked how they caught the light.

terra cotta pot christmas tree

After your paint and glue dries, stack the pots to create a tree.

terra cotta pot christmas tree

The very last step? Add on a tree topper!

FOR MORE GREAT CRAFTS PLEASE CLICK HERE!

Amber Oliver