Birch/Aspen Wine Glasses

$5

I am so excited to find a glass paint that works and stays on glasses! I made these birch/aspen wine glasses - it was so easy and inexpensive to do!

You can see more of my crazy creations here

birch aspen wine glasses

You'll need:

Wine Glasses

Paint Brushes

Apple Barrel Multi surface Black and White Paint

birch aspen wine glasses

Start by washing and drying the glasses. Then wipe the entire glass off with an alcohol prep pad or rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball to remove all fingerprints, oils, etc from the glass.

birch aspen wine glasses

Paint the base and stem with the white paint.

birch aspen wine glasses

I decided to tap the base with my paintbrush to give it some texture and hide the stroke marks better.

birch aspen wine glasses

Start making branches up the side of the glass. There is no right or wrong way - just have fun.

birch aspen wine glasses

Let this paint dry completely.

birch aspen wine glasses

Next take your black paint and lightly tap little lines onto the trunk and branches. Again there is no right or wrong way to do this.

birch aspen wine glasses

Let this dry for 1 hour.

birch aspen wine glasses

To Bake Set the paint... Place glasses in a cool oven, set the temp to 350 degrees, bake for 30 minutes, turn off oven and let cool completely inside the oven. It's top rack dishwasher safe after cured. I have used my glasses several times and put them in the dishwasher every time to truly test this method. I'm excited to say they're holding up well and look as good as it did the day I painted them.

birch aspen wine glasses

I would love to have you stop by my blog      Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• Dian Mansell

could you put a pigment into the white to have a colour

• Crystle Gibson

just trying to clarify.

is that 30 minutes from the time you turn the oven on or it’s 30 minutes after pre-heating ends?

• Chas' Crazy Creations

Great question - hopefully the video will help a little bit to clarify as well. I placed the glasses in the oven while it was cool and turned it on to 350. When it reached 350 I turned the timer on for 30 minutes. When the timer was done, I turned the oven off and left them in the oven until they were completely cool.

• Sunny

Does Apple Barrel multi surface really work? You don't need the enamel? I have all but given up trying to paint on glass! Do you use a specific type of brush? I always have to go over and over to cover well. Your glasses look great! Thanks!

• Sunny

Thank you so much for the reassurance! There is new hope in my crafting life!! 😄

• Debra McMenamin

Beautiful

• Robyn Garner

Not a question but important comment: when handling the glasses for painting be certain your fingers don't touch the outside of the glass! It's important to keep the oils from your skin off the outside until the project is finished. 😎

People often make this same error when making meringue or whipped cream. Both work best when prepped in a glass mixing bowl wiped clean of all oils.