Adorable Laundry Room Storage From an Old Cabinet Door!

$5

Say goodbye to wasted space by using the wall in your laundry room to maximize storage.

Let me show you how I upcycled an old cabinet door into an adorable laundry room organizer.

I visited our local Habitat for Humanity ReStore where I found mismatched cabinet doors on sale for 50 cents each! But even if they'd been the full price, 3.99, it would have been a great deal!

Start by filling in the holes from the door handles with wood putty. Wipe away the excess then allow time to dry.

After the wood putty dries, give the door a light sanding.

Make sure you get into all the nooks and cranies.

Wipe the dust with a soft cloth when you're done sanding.

Now it's time for paint! 

Use a paint+primer to save time.

Now's time for the fun!

Vinyl labels help customize your laundry room organizer

I cut my labels on the and after removing the excess vinyl, I used transfer tape to put them in place.

For the lost socks, I hot glued clothes pins to hold mismatched socks until they can be reunited with their mate.

For the loose change, I screwed a hose clamp to hold a jar in place to catch coins from emptied pockets!

Lastly I used command hooks to add a catch-all basket!

This upcycle is an adorable project that would be easy to customize for your home!

I hope this project inspires you to upcycle an old cabinet door into something useful for your home!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
Amber Oliver

• Kathy F

Wonderful idea!!

i am embarrassed to admit that I don’t know anything about transfer tape. Could you tell me what it is, where I buy it, and how you use it?

• Colleen

Weed your vinyl, means to remove any extra vinyl that you don't want after you cut your design into the sheet of vinyl.

• Gigi

Does anyone know what can be used on ruff stucco to hang things ?.I am not Permitted to use a drill as The inside is all that is owned. I Need to have things on the wall . Oh !.the building is poured concrete with rebar. Thank You

• V Smith

You could hang a rail on the cieling (much like a curtain rod or towel bar) and then hang things from the rail. I think you will have a tuff time with the Command strips unless you can sand smooth spots on the wall. Also don't overlook using wreath hooks that go over the door. You can hang your art on the hook and then hold it in place with Command strips. If you have brick walls inside (or outside) you can use BricClips to hang decor. A trend right now is to lean your art or mirrors, so that may work for you. A dab of hot glue on the corners (allow it to cool completely) can act like bumpers and can help keep your art hanging straight.

• Penny Mintyala

So cute. I would like this for my kitchen; and wow, my recipes would be there even if I moved the fridge. Which paint is best for the wear and year of the kitchen? My socks love together washing & drying.