Error loading player:
No playable sources found

Adorable Laundry Room Storage From an Old Cabinet Door!

$5

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!

Say goodbye to wasted space by using the wall in your laundry room to maximize storage.

Let me show you how I upcycled an old cabinet door into an adorable laundry room organizer.

adorable laundry room storage from an old cabinet door

I visited our local Habitat for Humanity ReStore where I found mismatched cabinet doors on sale for 50 cents each! But even if they'd been the full price, 3.99, it would have been a great deal!

Start by filling in the holes from the door handles with wood putty. Wipe away the excess then allow time to dry.

After the wood putty dries, give the door a light sanding.

Make sure you get into all the nooks and cranies.

Wipe the dust with a soft cloth when you're done sanding.

Now it's time for paint! 

Use a paint+primer to save time.

Now's time for the fun!

Vinyl labels help customize your laundry room organizer

I cut my labels on the Cricut Maker and after removing the excess vinyl, I used transfer tape to put them in place.

For the lost socks, I hot glued clothes pins to hold mismatched socks until they can be reunited with their mate.

For the loose change, I screwed a hose clamp to hold a jar in place to catch coins from emptied pockets!

Lastly I used command hooks to add a catch-all basket!

This upcycle is an adorable project that would be easy to customize for your home!

I hope this project inspires you to upcycle an old cabinet door into something useful for your home!

If you LOVE upcycles, please check out my upcycling archives!

Amber Oliver

• Fullyfaith

How do you open the dryer door all the way?

• Jill Ron Pike

@ Beverly...I agree...no jar necessary...lol. Although it could be used for stray buttons or other small items

• Lollie

Very cute idea, and I love it!! What did youdo with the other cabinet door?

Lollie

• Lailasultani

Speaking of dryer, I have the same dryer, bought it from Home Depot, after a 3 year use it stopped working. U ladies have any solutions how to fix my dryer?

• Maude LaFountain

This is great and I was thinking that I could revamp it to go into my bathroom just add the storage bins to it for extra shampoo / conditioner etc ....My laundry room is too small for this ...but would work in my bathroom ....thanks for sharing !!!

• Jill Ron Pike

Love that idea, Maude...You could customize the captions, too! That is exactly what this forum is about. Inspiration, not necessarily duplication

• Linda Abate

A great way of refurbishing an old cabinet door. A piece that you can get as creative with as you want. Just think, what a great housewarming gift this would make for the newly married couple. LOVE IT.