Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Draw circles on canvas

Colourful Doodle Wall Mandala

$9

I believe everyone is creative and sometimes the therapeautic art of colouring and doodling patterns is simply another way to express our feelings. I used a circular blank canvas and Arteza water colour brush pens to create this vibrant piece in just an hour.

The blank canvas is divided into even sized rings starting from the centre and working outwards. I use a sharpie fine nib but you could use pencil as later will go over with thicker one to sharpen and darken outlines..

Canvas with rings ready to design
Canvas with rings ready to design

I then start to fill in the shapes and pattern doodles keeping it simple and repetative but you can do more complex ones of course

Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Drawing patterns

I use Arteza water colour brush pens that easily dip into water and work like a felt tip with fine brush tip. Great thing about these is that you can change the shade vibrancy by adding water to nib or not depending on depth of colour preferred. I like to have some of both light and dark. Colouring in is the fun part!

Using Arteza water colour brush pens
Using Arteza water colour brush pens

Carry on colouring in the patterns and I love that colours are a direct expression of feelings and each piece builds from our creative uniqueness.

Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Using sharpie to black outline

I use the black sharpie to outline and make a bolder piece of art.

Error loading player:
No playable sources found
Adding black outline with sharpie

I lastly colour the edge of the canvas in green .

The final piece is a lovely mix of colour and pattern!

Painting edge green
Painting edge green

So happy with my Mandala Art !😀

Mandala wall art with Arteza brush pens
Mandala wall art with Arteza brush pens

To see more: https://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Linda Premo

Thank you for posting this!!!!

Not only have I been wanting to do a Mandala...I have also been wanting to try the Arteza watercolor pens!!!! I’m so glad you shared your artistic creativity and that you showed a personal touch by Not making it perfect. Brilliant❣️I am curious about how long the pens last? Do they dry out? Thanks again❣️

• Susan Goode

Hi Linda Thank you for feedback and encouragement! they seem to be still going strong and I have used them a few times and they are so nice to use even if i cant draw straight all the time!

• Pennie Collins

Couldn’t you just use the Mandala coloring book pages?

• Susan Goode

Thank you and yes It is all about the process and feelings of joy whilst creating and usually this translates to the final piece