Pretty Patchwork Chest of Drawers Make-over

$13

I thought this old chest of drawers was looking a bit sad and needed makeover to fit the newly decorated space I moved it to.

I wanted the patchwork quilt look so decided to try with paper decoupage using a hexagon paper punch!

Chest of Drawers
Chest of Drawers

I cut hexagon patchwork pieces from the variety of patterned paper using a Cady craft 3-inch hexagon punch.

Cutting hexagons with Cady craft punch
Cutting hexagons with Cady craft punch

just popping the paper squares into the punch and pressing firmly down on handle to cut is very enjoyable and perfect hexagons pop out.( they collect In underside drawer which opens )

Preparing for the creative process
Preparing for the creative process

I begin using mod podge seal hard coat straight onto the drawer surface and arrange the hexagon papers pieces in a pattern . Making sure they are right up close together with no gaps.

Using mod podge to fix hexagons on drawer

Continue to place them on surface of drawers and create a balance of colours patterns to give a desired look. I coat the top of each hexagon to create a durable finish.

Cutting along edges to neaten.
Cutting along edges to neaten.

Trim the overhang edges of paper to look neat.

Trim edges
Trim edges

When all the drawers are decoupaged and drying I get on with painting the top and sides of the drawer chest. I choose Rust Oleum furniture chalky paint in blue.

Chalk Paint in blue  the chest of drawer top
Chalk Paint in blue the chest of drawer top

I paint two coats of blue chalk paint along sides and front and top.

Paint sides in Rust Oleum furniture paint

The drawers and chest are left to dry.

Two coats of chalk paint then left to dry

Then assemble back together and admire this Great makeover!

Pretty patchwork chest of drawers makeover

To see more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/handmade/Susan-Goode-Designs

• Violet Thulien

My mom is a quilt sewer. Do you think that cloth scraps would work?

• Penny

I would use my my left over pieces of fabrics really think it would be pretty i sew everything almost . I'm finding alot of ideas today oh its Sunday March 3rd. , 2019 Thank you very much for a awesome ideas