Rea
Rea
  • Evansville, IN

Fab Shoe Storage Using Unconventional Supplies

I like to be ingenious because it rhymes with the word "genius" lol!
Really kidding aside, if you have been hanging out here in my blog, you've probably seen some of my ingenious projects like the earring holder using a cooling rack and my underwear organizer using an expanding file.
Now this project is one of those.
We purchased this rack from walmart long time ago and it used to be in our powder room holding diapers, wipes & toilet paper for use downstairs. And since this home is a diaper-free home now! wuhoo!! I've decided to remove this rack and gave it a makeover to use as a shoe storage in our master closet.
organization storage shoe shelf, closet, organizing, storage ideas
Here's what it used to look like, it had a nickel finish...uhm not so fab, right?
I spray painted the whole thing to chocolate brown. Why? Just because. You can never go wrong with just spray painting anything really. If in doubt, spray paint out!
Since this is going to be my shoe storage, I had to make sure that the heels will not go through in between holes in the shelves. So I cut out some foam boards, edged with electrical tape with polka dots (click here for the trick to an almost perfect polka dots) on it using gold sharpie to be the floor of each shelves.
And oh how I love how it looks on the rack. Without the shoes on it is super fab but I also like how the gold polka dots kind of pop out with shoes on it.
Isn't it amaze-balls already? But where is the fun in that if I call it a day, right?
So, I thought of draping a fabric behind the rack to give it a finished look because without it, for me it just looks neeked.
To see how I finish this project off into this fab shoe storage, stop by at my blog

Rea