Vintage Lamp Makeover

Believe it or not, this was a thrift store find lamp for $5.00 and one of the best transformations ever!
All it took was a can of spray paint and a new lampshade and this interesting 1970's lamp complete with ashtray went from drab to fab!
Finding cool cheap vintage stuff with potential really spurs me on. One fine day on a Goodwill run through, I spied these little owl faces looking down at me from the top shelf. I immediately knew what I would do to it! This vintage owl lamp was perfect for the top of the file cabinet in the office.
I was so excited that I even took pictures of it in the parking lot and posted on Facebook.
First I can't wait to see just what it will look like in it's new home. Then I go shopping for some paint, a new lampshade and finial.
Can you believe this transformation? We just love the way this turned out! Would you have snagged this for $5 looking the way it did? What would you have done with it?

Chaotically Creative Co.

• Diane Taylor Noel

Its beautiful now with the bright white color!
  • Chelsea Harmon Horsey

My husband picked up a set of 2 of these on the online yard sale group because his family had the same ones growing up and it was sentimental. They looked so ugly and creepy to me but I am not going to steal his thunder so I asked him if I could redo them to match our decor. He agreed and thought it was a great idea (thank God)! I googled “vintage owl lamp redo” and found yours. I am not too creative on my own but I can do things when inspired by others creativity, so thanks for sharing!