Refurbished/Recycled Trampoline Swing!

$160
1 Day

"Galley Kitchen Walls 28 years of Blah" was our previous project here on Hometalk. We just finished putting together my outdoor Swing! I have been planning this for a while. It took some coaxing but Brad came around. So for just under approx $160.00 we made it happen. We did ask friends for help. Louis decided that pizza was payment enough to assist us. The steel Bracket that sells on the internet for $600 we got for free thru great friends. Without Leslie & Mark Detlefsen (welder) & Louis it would not have happened. I rated this "medium" difficulty because of the heavy lifting in the Florida heat. You can also use Swing Set brackets that accommodate 4x4 beams at the big box stores or from Amazon.

My Aussie Taylor doing his photo bomb.

With all the supplies I painted the bottom 6 inches of each beam with Flex Seal & painted the Colonial red house trim paint on the upper bracket & beams. My helpers, hubby Brad & Lewis erected the beams into place. Brad, Louis & I put the trampoline together. Those springs are a bugger. Watch a youtube video to see how the springs are connected. Then came the ropes & boy scout knots. We used a "level" & guessed at the height we wanted. The round frame had metal notches where the upper screen posts would normally go to keep kids from flying off. The rope was tied thru & around those notches. This took one day only because we had all the supplies we needed. Prep is everything. I wanted purple but Brad wanted it to match the house colors...so Colonial red it is. You know I'm going to glam it up with red pool noodles, a red screen canopy net & little red solar lights. Oh yea!

4 - 4x4x12 treated beams & free Bracket.
Rope/U Bolt. We didn't use the "i" bolts.
Before all the springs were connected
Much needed break after wrestling the springs
The notches I spoke of earlier
My loving hubby hanging the swing
TaDah! We were swingin..
20 Red pool noodles thru Walmart.com

Canopy from Wish.com for less than $20! WINNER!!

• Claire

I've got to know where you got the metal piece for the posts at the top at?? Did I miss it in the article?

• Kathy Wright Monroe

Did you buy the entire trampoline or just the rubber and springs

• Sandra Brosius

Hi Kathy, I bought the whole trampoline for $30 on craigslist. If you have a way of getting the trampoline in one piece with the springs still attached it will save you a lot of trouble trying to reconnect the springs.

• Janice Mack

Not a question really but a suggestion - wonder if you could do a mosquito netting and or annitber fabric type covering to encase the swing at least partially for a shaded lounging swing?

• Sandra Brosius

Hi Janice, I finally got my military grade mosquito netting. Now I have to encourage my hubby to put it up with me.

• Jackwick

What size trampoline is that? And how long are the 4x4. I have a 10ft tramp available...wonder how long of boards i need to clear.

Thanks

Jackalyn

• Sandra Brosius

Hi, I apologize for the delayed response. My trampoline was 12 feet. My 4x4s are 12 feet as well. I am attaching a picture to help with the bracket issue. This is for a swing set. If you use 2 of these and face them together with a connecting board it will do the same thing as the one pictured. Eastern Jungle Gym Easy 1-2-3 A-Frame 2 Brackets for Swing Set with All Mounting Hardware, Green on Amazon

Sincerely, Sandi B