Easy Spring Clean Up For Tall Ornamental Grass

$50.00

i love the way tall ornamental grasses gives our yard a natural privacy border summer and winter,however, cutting them in the spring can be a mess, especially if the wind is blowing even a little. Neighbors don’t appreciate have our grass fodder blowing into their yard, so my husband and I I came up with a way that makes spring clean up a one person job and keeps the mess to a minimum. We have a long drive lined with bushes and tall grasses.

Spring cleanup is about to begin

First step for this easy job is get some tape, I usually buy the cheaper gray tape, but I’ve used painters tape also. Start at the bottom of the plant, taking the tape around the plant to the top.

When the plant is big and bushy we put a leaf bag over the top of the plant before cutting.

Once the bottom is cut, the mess stays in the bag.

The smaller ones are ready for cutting. After we cut the smaller ones, we fold the top over and put in a leaf bag, top end first. We can get 4/5 in one bag.

Get the blower and clean up the small stuff. Takes half the time it used to take.

• Ada
    15 minutes ago

does the tall ornamental grass need to be cut back in the sping?