DIY Planters for Spring

$15

Since Spring is officially here, it's time for a few inexpensive DIY's that you can do in no time. Grab some plain terra cotta pots from a garden center or even a junk store and update them with paint and stamps. All you need are planters and paint and maybe a stamp or two. Check out the blog for more budget friendly DIYs.

diy planters for spring

Basic supplies are all you need for this one:

• Terra cotta pots
  • Foam brushes
  • Paint - acrylic craft paint or any other paint you like (I tried both craft paint and mineral paint)
  • stamps/ink pad
diy planters for spring

Paint your pots with whatever color you like. I used a light pink craft paint, but then changed my mind and used Raw Silk from Fusion mineral paint. You'll likely need two coats depending on what color you use. I turn them upside down to dry and then finish off the top.

diy planters for spring

Get an ink pad from any craft store and some fun stamps to add a bit of personality to your pots.

Use it to stamp the outside of the pot in whatever pattern you like. I just used a simple cactus stamp. If you go outside of the area at all, just use a tiny brush to paint your base color over any mishaps.

diy planters for spring

I used black paint to paint the rim of one pot and the bottom of another for added style. I didn't worry about getting perfect coverage or lines. And another tip when painting pots is to use your base color and paint inside the rims of the pots.

diy planters for spring

Add some faux greenery to each pot and there you go! New spring DIY Planters for very little money or time. Be sure to see the full post at Create and Find!

Melissa - Create and Find

• Lynn F powers

Do you put some kind of sealent over the paint o your pots to protect them from water?

• Melissa - Create and Find

Since these are indoors I don't, but if you're using them outside, I'd use exterior paint. I used an exterior from Deco Art on some outdoor planters and it didn't need a sealer. It's very affordable too.