How to Remove Pet Fur From Clothing With Hairspray

$0

Dealing with pet fur stuck to clothing is just a part of life for most pet owners. If you’re familiar with trying to de-fuzz yourself before leaving the house, try this super effective tip for how to remove pet fur from clothing using hairspray!

[You may also like: Top Ten Ways to Keep Your Home Clean When You Have Pets!]

I’ve tried just about every trick to remove pet fur from clothing and this is a great one, especially if you have cats or dogs with soft, fluffy fur. Who would have thought that hairspray would come in handy for something like this?

This trick is great though if you’re dealing with fur that’s a little fluffier and softer, or even if you happen to get a bunch of fuzz all over your clothing from running it through the wash with a very fuzzy blanket.

[Psst! Did you know that there are even more amazing Uses for Hairspray Around the House!?!]

Take a clean, dry cloth and a bottle of hairspray, along with the piece of clothing that needs to be de-fuzzed. I’m using the e-cloth Kitchen Cloth for this, but any clean dry cloth seems to work just fine as far as I’ve been able to tell.

Spray a generous amount of hairspray on the cloth. At least 1-2 seconds’ worth.

Let it sit for about 10 seconds so that it stars to semi-dry.

Gently wipe the fabric with the cloth to remove the fur, working perpendicular to the “grain” of the fabric, if you can tell which way that is.

This is great because it picks up even the really fine furs and fuzz that other fur removing methods don’t seem to be able to pick up!

Do you have a favorite trick to remove pet fur from clothing before you leave the house?

15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
CreekLineHouse .

• Janet Kregler

How to clean the top of a black stove with grease

• Sheros

Sudsy ammonia works great for anything greasy

• Jana Granger Logsdon

I just wanted to say that Dish Glove work great to get dog hair off anything easily

• Jeannie

Yes, dish gloves eirk awesome to get pet fur off clothes and furniture. The kind with the little bumps/texture on the palm side of the hands for grip work best.

• Lisa

What do you then do with the cloth covered in the hair afterwards? If you throw in the wash it will distribute back to all the clothes again.

• Johanne Palange

I have a Jack Russell terror. I have white hairs over everything. It is shocking to see how they cover surfaces when seen close to sunset when the sun is at a particular angle. Did I mention that house cleaning isn't my favorite thing to do? LOL. I will definitely try this. I have pet hairs on clothing hanging in the closet I haven't worn in dog's years. But I love my pet.

• Debbie

good to know. I have a little yellow bomb shell of a corgi and he should be bold the way he sheds. there is yellow hair everywhere