How to Remove Pet Fur From Clothing With Hairspray

$0

Dealing with pet fur stuck to clothing is just a part of life for most pet owners. If you’re familiar with trying to de-fuzz yourself before leaving the house, try this super effective tip for how to remove pet fur from clothing using hairspray!

[You may also like: Top Ten Ways to Keep Your Home Clean When You Have Pets!]

how to remove pet fur from clothing with hairspray

I’ve tried just about every trick to remove pet fur from clothing and this is a great one, especially if you have cats or dogs with soft, fluffy fur. Who would have thought that hairspray would come in handy for something like this?

This trick is great though if you’re dealing with fur that’s a little fluffier and softer, or even if you happen to get a bunch of fuzz all over your clothing from running it through the wash with a very fuzzy blanket.

[Psst! Did you know that there are even more amazing Uses for Hairspray Around the House!?!]

Take a clean, dry cloth and a bottle of hairspray, along with the piece of clothing that needs to be de-fuzzed. I’m using the e-cloth Kitchen Cloth for this, but any clean dry cloth seems to work just fine as far as I’ve been able to tell.

Spray a generous amount of hairspray on the cloth. At least 1-2 seconds’ worth.

Let it sit for about 10 seconds so that it stars to semi-dry.

Gently wipe the fabric with the cloth to remove the fur, working perpendicular to the “grain” of the fabric, if you can tell which way that is.

This is great because it picks up even the really fine furs and fuzz that other fur removing methods don’t seem to be able to pick up!

Do you have a favorite trick to remove pet fur from clothing before you leave the house?

CreekLineHouse .

• Maggie B

Will this work on fabric furniture? Sounds like it will...

• Patty

Going to try on foot stool and then Scotchguard it.

• Janet

How to clean the top of a black stove with grease

• Rosalie

re: greasy stove wipe as much u can with sponge: now I saw my daughter in-law doing this and now I do it on all my appliances she sprays Lysol on a paper towel and wipes and off comes grime grease wipe again with a cleaner paper towel with spray for a shimmer shine . She thanks her house keeper for that she seen her cleaning her kitchen

• Jana Granger Logsdon

I just wanted to say that Dish Glove work great to get dog hair off anything easily

• Jeannie

Yes, dish gloves eirk awesome to get pet fur off clothes and furniture. The kind with the little bumps/texture on the palm side of the hands for grip work best.

• Diane

I use a damp cloth to remove cat fur from clothing, furniture, and carpeting. It works great for me. I also brush my kitties regularly to cut down on the excess fur and the fur balls that upset kitty tummies. Being proactive will reduce the cleanup effort significantly.

• Yvonne Jensen

I run all my throws and the blanket I place over my bedspread, in the dryer using air only. It removes the pet hair, which collects in the dryer lint filter. This has been a real life saver to keep down the pet hair.