Blending Into the Wall

$140

Bought an old dressoir from a 2nd hand store and restored it to fit (calmly) into the interior.

blending into the wall

I recently moved to a diffrent country and bought a much bigger house. So to fill up the space and rooms it would cost a lot of money. Here is a really cool idea of doing that without spending too much!!

blending into the wall

Here I have been painting some of the drawers. First took a white base coat and then used the same paint as what I have put on the wall. Its an antique green color which seems to be green and gray at the same time.

blending into the wall

I changed all the nobs into new and more modern ones. But still fits into the same type of style.

blending into the wall

Left are the new ones and on the right is the old one that was on the dressoir

blending into the wall

Even painting the plates in the cabinets. All on both sides

blending into the wall

Also put the whole dressoir in the base coat. Inside and out. I wanna make sure i paint every bit. Even though you don't see it when everything is closed. It's still such a cool extra when you do open the drawers or cabinets.

blending into the wall

I bought wallpaper to put in the inside of the drawers. I bought one that i thought what would fit the style and colour range. And I fell in love with this one!! 😍

blending into the wall

I glued the corners down so it's not so easy to move them or curl up.

blending into the wall

Did the same with the big drawers in the middle

blending into the wall

For even cooler effect i also did the back part of the cabinets.

make sure the final colour is nice and even. I painted all the green 2 times.

blending into the wall

Here you can see how it is starting to look like. I didn't want anything that was taking the eye too much but i felt like something should be there to fill up the space.

blending into the wall

The end result!! And added more things i bought from the 2nd handstore. The norwegian ‘gjenbruk’ are the best 2nd handstore i have been to. I love going there!

It's so nice how it sort of blends in with the wall.

• Joanie

It sure looks pretty......I like the fact you didn't over load it with so many items. Just enough......I like the white sculture and how it stands out with the chest.....really nice!!

• Lisa West

Veru nice. Great job.