DIY Bug Repellent Floating Candles With Essential Oils

$10

Repel mosquitoes and other bugs naturally with these pretty floating candles made with essential oils. I used a blend of oils so I could get the benefits of each one.

You'll need 10 ounces of soy wax, 3 tablespoons stearic acid  or 1/4 teaspoon vybar , 0.5 ounce Bug Repellent essential oil blend, Floating candle mold and wicks.

Weigh the wax with a digital scale and melt it in a double boiler. Add either vybar or stearic acid. I set a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup in a pan of water to make a double boiler.

Just make sure that the measuring cup isn't touching the bottom of the pan. Never heat wax over direct heat or in the microwave.

Once the wax is melted, remove the measuring cup from the heat. Add the essential oils. Stir for 2 minutes.

Set your wicks inside the molds. Carefully pour the melted wax in the molds. Let them sit until completely cooled. If you have trouble getting them out of the mold, put them in the freezer for 5 or 10 minutes so they shrink a little bit. They should come out then.

Fill a mason jar with water and put a candle on top. Or float several of them in a large glass bowl.

You can also add lemon slices, rosemary, or other herbs or fruit to the jar to make it pretty.

To see the essential oil blend that I used and get ideas for other oils that you can use, go to my DIY bug repellent floating candle blog post.

Crafty Bubbles Insect Repellent Blend

15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
3 Fantastic Step-By-Step Ideas What To Do With Pallets!
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
Everything Pretty

• Tracy

Sprouts has a really nice selection of oils.

• Karen

Great project!!! Thank you!!!